truglo style "bead" sights.

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by godspeed, Sep 11, 2012.

1. godspeed

godspeed New Member

I own a Remington 870 tactical shotgun. And after doing all the Magpul upgrades I'm looking to put on some a greater sites. Never having do it I'm curious how hard are installations of of Some of the fiber optic / tritium Sites. I seen a lot did seem to be self adhesive which really sounds odd to me.

So I'm curious who has what and what works the best

2. BrooklynFaTs

BrooklynFaTs New Member

You should go with ati's halo heat sheald it comes with some sick sights on it great for home defense

3. RemFire

RemFire New Member

What type barrel, vent ribbed?. I've bought the Trijicon Trijidot sight from Brownells for my 870's rib, uses four clamping set screws backed up with rare earth magnets. Solid looking unit.

Quite expensive for what it is, but better than the sticky tape style ones for sure.

4. godspeed

godspeed New Member

hmmm, ive heard that the heat shields dont work with my magpul forend. . but i like that idean none the less... thanks

5. godspeed

godspeed New Member

no its a tactical barrel, has NO RIB.... just plain rounded barrel.

6. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

If your 870 is for home defense the screw on beads from Brownells will work. They don't last long in the woods. Most of the time a few encounters with really thick brush pop the fiber optic material out of the bead.

7. oli700

oli700 New Member

Here is an alternative, Meprolight tritium. The threads never line up right so you will need a spacer of some sort. This one has a very small o-ring under it. I also used some blue lock tight and it is solid as a rock .
    [​IMG]