Tokarev Pistols

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by marc29th, Aug 30, 2012.

1. marc29th

marc29th New Member

My birthday is coming up and I'm planning on getting myself a Tokarev pistol. In the $200 range there is a Polish TT, Romanian TTC and a Yugo M57. I'm leaning towards the Romanian TTC due to the availability of extra magazines. But if one of the others is clearly better I might go that route and just keep my eyes out for extra magazines.

2. primer1

primer1 New Member

Have you priced ammo for that yet? If you reload its within reason to shoot.

3. gripper

gripper New Member

I like Tokarevs( and CZ' s, and Makarovs- use a Bulgy for CCW& an M57 for a car gun))....even with the increased ammo cost; they are great guns....

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I've always liked thme. Ammo so a little high but so are 45ACPs:(

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Active Member

I have a pair of the Tokarevs, Chinese and Romanian and I like them a lot. I was fortunate to find a 9mm barrel for my Romanian TTC that makes it a dual caliber gun. The magazines will load either 9mm or 7.62 with no problems. You can still find the 7.62 surplus ammo, but if you find surplus, buy it now. Before you ask, the 9mm barrel came from Sarco and they no longer have any in stock.

6. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Thanks for the input, next C&R gun I pick up will be a Tokarev, AIM has 7.62x25 for about $16 a box so that isn't to bad. Still going back and forth between the Romanian and Yugoslavian variants.

7. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

I gor a Rommie TT-33. As soon as I got it to the range I traded away my CZ52.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Awwww, don't be hatin on my ray gun. :)

9. Chainfire

Chainfire Active Member

Is he hating on Ronald Raygun?

10. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

I've owned all three...Traded the Rommie and polish and kept the yugo.The Yugo has the slide safety which I prefer over the other two.Inmho the Yugo is the better of the three. Anno is available-just have to look for the best deal. May be mildly corrosive...clean the gun and you won't have any problems. Hope this helps Dick

11. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Thanks for the info! I just ordered the M57 from AIM Surplus.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Who's he calling a Dick? ;)

13. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Well my M57 Tokarev arrived today. It was COVERED in cosmoline but after about an hour of cleaning I have prevailed over it :)

ForumRunner_20121005_181815.jpg

I must have got one if the last in stock M57's from AIM Surplus as they are out if stock on them now.

14. stevebonning

stevebonning New Member

Looks great! I got the Romy at a local gun show for $245 and love to shoot it. Ammo is readily avail from Sportsman Guide among other places. Enjoy!

15. budman46

budman46 New Member

i keep pressure on myromanian's mid-frame safety to keep it from stopping the fun; i think i'd prefer the yugo's, but don't know if i need another...who knows?

16. ss33204

ss33204 New Member

My new russian tokarev, almost done cleaning it up.

Attached Files:

17. gripper

gripper New Member

How long ago did you get the Russian?? How did you find one without that aftermarket " safety " the ATF forced on? How much?

18. ss33204

ss33204 New Member

I picked it up with all matching serial numbers on the slide, frame, barrel, and holster. The mag had a different serial number. I scored it for $200, I don't know if maybe the rules are different here in Canada. What would u figure this is worth? Did I get a deal?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  19. gripper

gripper New Member

Yeah, here in the States, the BATF are fond of administrative vandalism.

20. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Safety, safety? You use a safety?

They are just in my way 99% of the time.