Stoeger Coach Opinions

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by DogLegArms, Jul 25, 2011.

1. DogLegArms

DogLegArms New Member

I have a Stoeger Coach Gun, it's a double barrel 12 ga. It's never been shot before and I'm wondering what your opinions are for using it as a home defense gun. I'm not into cowboy action shooting.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Post a pic so I can give you an opinion.:D

3. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

its a good option that is used by a good number of people... I like this one best

Attached Files:

4. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Thats what i use mine for other then some mountain fun, great great guns they are.

5. Virginian

Virginian New Member

While it will never be confused with a Purdey, the Stoegers in the double trigger and extractor configuration have proven quite popular and reliable in the Cowboy games. The single trigger versions have experienced issues.

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

That is a joke.Why would anyone put rails on a double barrel scatter gun.

This Tactical crap is going a little too far,when they mess up a perfectly good coach gun and put that crap on it.

7. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

As far as using this as a home defense weapon I think the best thing you can start off with is getting fimilar with the piece and getting some range time with it so you can be comfortable with it. Alot of people believe that a shot gun is the best option for home defense so me I say if its not broke dont fix it just my opnion I mean if any thing maybe a light so your not shooting in the dark.

8. hawkguy

hawkguy Active Member

coachgun is my choice for HD

shotguns are the best for HD imo. best stopping power, easiest to hit with when under pressure.

and i think the coachgun is ideal for HD in many ways. first, its simple design and function make it easy for anyone to use. it is a very manuverable and quick pointing shotgun. my wife is scared/intimidated by firearms, but i have confidence she can easily understand and use the coachgun if in need. i'm also pretty sure she will hit what she aims at :)

my coachgun sits open on the rack...a quick close & safety disengage & its ready to go. i also think leaving the house with a loaded, unlocked firearm is asking for trouble. its easy and quick to remove the shells when i leave the house. i personally wouldn't like my loaded gun to be used on me or my family, if a home invader finds it. or more likely, some stupid kid gets in and finds it.

love my coachgun. GREAT choice for HD imo.

Attached Files:

9. hawkguy

hawkguy Active Member

everyone is entitled to like what they like. apparently, there is a market for this.:confused:

but, i agree.....looks plain silly to me. but i think most tacticool stuff looks silly. not to offend anyone, just my opinion. good to have variety so everybody can get what they like! :)

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

What a complete waste of an AimpointM3! :(

11. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

Mostly I like it because it gives the shooter options, like lights and what not with the reliability of a double barrel. It does look kind of stupid but as long as it works right.

12. hawkguy

hawkguy Active Member

no reason to justify your "like" of something. if you like it, you like it. end of story...:)

13. DogLegArms

DogLegArms New Member

[​IMG]

Above is what I have. Thanks for your opinions. I do like the simplicity of it and the compact size. When I hold it, I naturally want to put my index finger on the outer trigger and my middle finger on the inner trigger. Is this the correct way or are you supposed to use only your index finger?

14. hawkguy

hawkguy Active Member

persoanlly, i would use one trigger finger....unless you want shoot em both off at the same time :eek:

actually, every double barrel owner must admit to trying that at least once:rolleyes:

15. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

yes we have all tried it but most guns only let you pull 1 at a time a good inexpensive ss ? get rid of the stoger and find a savage stevens 311

16. hawkguy

hawkguy Active Member

i think the stoeger is a quality gun at the price point.

but....i was greatly disappointed, when i began to research, that there are no new american made coach shotgun? the place where the west was won & we have to buy western style guns from brazil, italy, china, etc?

surely there is a market....why won't an american firearms company make a sxs coachgun? i want to buy american made guns..i would pay a bit extra to do so.

why? :confused:

17. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I love coach guns,don't have one but really want one!I think they would be a great home option,and even more reliable than a pump in the same way a revolver can be more reliable than a pistol since you can have more than one round already chambered at once,absolutely no chance for a misfeed.

18. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

I have the Stoeger Coach 12 Ga

I've had mine for about 3 years- NO issues. Everyone who has shot it LIKES it. A real quality shotgun for the money....I don't think it can be beat. The Russian Coach guns appear quite rough compared to the Stoeger. IMHO

Attached Files:

19. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Everytime Dunhams puts them on sale for $239, I really get the itch to buy one. Haven't got one yet but man are they cool. I'll probably get one in 12 gauge but the light little .410 is a neat little gun.

20. hawkguy

hawkguy Active Member

nice pic! i agree as well. i had a chance to handle some chinese and russian made coach guns & just from holding them, the quality didn't seem to be be even close to the stoeger's. they felt pretty cheap actually.

a friend i was shooting with feel in love with my stoeger coachgun supreme. he told me if i ever sell it, i better sell it to him.