Still waiting

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by rjgnwdc, Dec 27, 2011.

1. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

I got another 1911 for Christmas I ordered it from Buds on Dec 16 it got to my FFL on the 20th and I am still waiting for my BC to clear... it's really starting to Pis$ me off:mad:

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Was it "Delayed" or "Denied"?

Check the BATFE site if your background check was "Delayed" and more than 3 days have expired.

3. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I didn't realize VA was that bad. Move to Texas. :) A BC takes just a few minutes. If you have a carry license, it's waived & all you have to do is fill out the 4473.

4. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

5. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

I was raised and schooled in FTW and actually plan to move back to TX once I retire... 6 more years to go:D it normally doesn't take this long I'm just bitchin cause I want to go shoot my new 1911

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Did you fill out the form 4473 at your FFL's the day it arrived? When did he call it in?

In Florida, the BC usually takes just minutes. There is a 3 day waiting period for those who do not have a CWP and the FFL is required to hold the handgun for that time.
    The responses are "Proceed", "Delayed", or "Denied".

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Must really suck not to live in TEXAS :(

8. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

I filled out the required paperwork the 20th and paid my transfer fee which includes 2 dollars for the BC, well I went to call them again so I went to their website to get their phone# and found out they have been closed since Friday 23rd:confused:,Sat & Sun for Christmas and Mon&Tues for inventory so I'm pretty sure I'll get it tomorrow.God I hope so :rolleyes:

9. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

waiting no more

Well I brought her home tonight and everything gonna be alright:D

What ah beauty
    [​IMG]
    field stripped to check er out and clean.
    [​IMG]
    Here's one with her hanging out with the others
    [​IMG]