STI Trojan 5.0 or Springfield loaded in 9mm?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by steadyshot, Jan 14, 2013.

1. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I am planning on purchasing a full size 1911 in 9mm. I can't seem to find the hi capacity models I was considering, so I have switched my search to single stack models.

The two models I have been looking at are the STI Trojan 5.0 and the Springfield Armory Loaded Target.

Opinions?

2. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I think the STI will be more expensive.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

You could buy a .38 Super in a hi-cap.
    Then get with Kart barrels and buy a 9mm drop-in.

The slide, extractor, ejector are the same for the 9mm and .38Super.
    To some extent, the .38 mags can be used with the 9mm.

With the correct setup, you then have 2 calibers.

5. Blaze

Blaze New Member

SA loaded by far

6. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

The STI Trojan is made in the USA, made in Texas and you get the best customer service in the industry.

7. GLI45

GLI45 New Member

Can't comment on the Springer because I don't have any experience with their guns. I can say with confidence that you would be pleased with the Trojan. Great gun and at around $1100 it's reasonably priced. My son has the 6" version and its scary accurate. I own a number of other STI pistols and have been very happy.

+1 to qwiksdraw's comments about Texas made and unmatched customer service. Great company, great people, great products.

8. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Well, I would love to have an STI Trojan in 9mm. However there seems to be none available right now. I have even been checking Gunbroker for the last week with no luck.

Anything good is out of stock, back ordered or just plain unavailable right now because of current demand.:mad:

9. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

10. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Although availability can be a problem, (I waited for @ 3 months) I love my STI. Sweet trigger right out of the box. Mine is the .45, but I have a friend with a 9mm.

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I really like the Rock Island 9mm. A couple of my friends own them. They are fun to shoot. But when I search for magazines and accessories I find zilch, nada, nothing.

My gunsmith got stuck with a Rock Island model 200. He was trying to sell it for $200. The thing has grown on him. Now it's not for sale. It is somewhere in his reach all the time. I was real tempted to buy it but I don't want to have to start keeping 38 ammo on hand. The 38 is so close to the 9mm I can't justify adding one to my collection. I have a 38 Diamondback I never shoot for that very reason.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn New Member

Tripp Cobra makes great 9 mm magazines. Tripp mags. Work in both my Colt and my RIA 9mm 1911.

http://www.trippresearch.com/store/store_1911.html#