Some Shots from the USMC Museum Quantico VA.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Nov 12, 2010.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Here you are. Devil dogs if you would like a picture for your desktop PM me your email and I will send you the unaltered full size (6mb in size) image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok this 6 gun bad to the bone mamma jamma was turned down by the Army but the Marines said HELL YEAH. Go figure.

[​IMG]

This is next to the Iwo Jima Flag the real Iwo Jima flag it is a wall of every Marine or sailor that dies on that island. There is an EGA for ever marine and a USN anchor for every Sailor that lost their life. This was one of the hardest pictures I took all day.

[​IMG]

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Every one knows I love accuracy. Below is the rifle that took the life of 103 confirmed and 216 probable kills in Viet Nam. Yes boys and girls this is THE rifle of Lance Corporal Chuck Mawhinney.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Absolutely Awesome Stuff Tango. Thanks for posting.

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

Awesome pics, tango! I haven't had the pleasure of visiting yet but I'm definately going to make it a point to do so.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

When you make up here I would be honored to visit with you then buy you a steak at Tangos Bar and Grill.

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

When I make it that way I'll be sure to take you up on that.

8. Shihan

Shihan Lifetime Supporting Member

Tough looking at just the picture, can only imagine what it was like to be next to it in person.

Great photos.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Right in front of that wall to the right in the picture is the original flag that was raised on Mt. Suribachi. There was no flash photos allowed at the flag so I took a short video which I will post this evening. Kind of awe inspiring and saddening all at the same time.

10. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Amazing pics, thank you for sharing!

11. CA357

CA357 New Member

Thank you Tango.

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Thanks Tango!

The shot of the Iwo Wall brought tears to my eyes that I'm still trying to blink back with a lump in my throat.

13. GNLaFrance

GNLaFrance New Member

The Thing! My father was a Seabee CPO commanding a platoon of Jeeps with M40 106mm recoilless anti-tank rifles. Seabees use Marine combat weapons and training and there was some talk about giving the Ontos to some Seabee anti-tank units, but it never came about. I think the Seabees would have loved the Ontos; it had the same engine as their 2-1/2 ton trucks and it would have been really useful (even without the turret and guns) as a tractor.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010