SIG Sauer VS Glock

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by KaiTheGunGuy, Nov 27, 2011.

1. KaiTheGunGuy

KaiTheGunGuy New Member

I just want to know which people prefer. I prefer SIG because of how well machined they are and they look a heck of a lot better than Glocks.

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I prefer the metal frame of a Sig when compared to a Glock.

3. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

Depends on the purpose of the firearm. I enjoy target shooting my sigs better than my glock but prefer my glock for carry. The sig is more enjoyable to shoot at the range due to easier recoil and find them to be a tad more accurate. But i enjoy the lighter polymer frame and rugged design of my glocks for everyday use. I do find both guns to he extremely reliable also

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Glocks are the finest pistol made, but overall...SIG's are superior.

5. KaiTheGunGuy

KaiTheGunGuy New Member

Yeah, there us a reason why navy seals use SIG's over Glocks

6. EASHER1968

EASHER1968 New Member

If you get a new SIG P250 you get the best of both worlds and more, light weight, rugged, accurate, modular design with a 4 caliber option, light and very smooth DAO trigger. It is the most advanced pistol design in the world right now.

7. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

...the Dutch don't care for it.;)

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I own Glock19. In Sig.. which model is the alternative of G19? Thx guys..

9. Texgunner

Texgunner New Member

I vote for Sig. They shoot great in my hand. Had a Glock once, didn't care for it.

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If we're talking about the higher end alloy Sigs, that would be a P228/P229 (9mm compact double-stack).

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

12. charobeans

charobeans New Member

I own a modified 17L...she is an absolute dream to shoot. That being said the only sig I would consider owning would be the blackwater.

13. KaiTheGunGuy

KaiTheGunGuy New Member

There was an incident in the Portland police bureau where TWO DIFFERENT Glock 21's exploded in the hands of TWO DIFFERENT officers in te exact same way. That's why I say SIG SAUER stands tall!

14. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Glock KABOOM stories are legendary among firearm enthusiasts. Be it fact or fable... proven or disproven.

15. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I prefer sig for several reasons, but the mains ones are the exposed hammer, and just the over all feel, I had to the opportunity to get a glock 17 I opted for the sig p229.

16. Tailypoe

Tailypoe New Member

moral motivated labourer seekign roughneck job

Glocks occaisonally explode, so do 1911's, I've seen a few pictures of ruptured 1911's on the forums ... You can't judge a pistol by a few extremely unlikely incidents.
    As far as widespread government use, glock wins hands down, being used with over half of police forces. USMC use sigs, The FBI use 1911's.

I never understood sigs. A glock is far more reliable. Sorry, but there's a reason ppl haven't made hundreds of videos shooting in their pool with a sig. They are fairly low capacity, top heavy, and not immediately attractive to me. Glocks aren't pretty either, but when u consider their POU, they're beutiful in theri own way. 1911's are unquestionably a sexy gun. And If you can afford a good one, just as reliable as a sig.
    And check that grip angle.

17. Jay

Jay New Member

The ergonomics of the Glock line push me towards Sig or anyone elses 1911's. Personal preference.

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

given a choice, i prefer the sig over the glock, but i wouldn't turn either one down if they were giving them away!

19. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

You better let the Navy SEALS know about this.

20. KaiTheGunGuy

KaiTheGunGuy New Member

Well that's your opinion, mine is that glocks are very boring looking guns. Not a lot of thought went into the design of it.