sig p250

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by jwalsh66, Sep 6, 2013.

1. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

What are your guys opinions of this gun? I've neen interested in it for awhile npw just trying to get some other opinions. Thanks

2. agrotom

agrotom New Member

I have owned a 250 C in 45 ACP for a little over a year and I love it. It is my primary carry gun, very safe, extremely accurate and fun to shoot. :)

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

bump for ya

4. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

5. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

See that is interesting because I have gotten many bad reviews from guys in the general forum. Saying it was junk and the fire control group has reliability issues. But then I go surf the interweb and I see a lot of people love them and hate them. I'm not sure now...

6. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

I also has the compact .45 version. Never had any issues with it, but as I purchased more & more single action firearms, the trigger pull on the p250 seemed to get longer & longer. Great gun, I just couldn't shoot it well.

7. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

That is the one thing I am worried about is that its got the DOA trigger. But most od the reviews I read said that it disnt stack and was smooth and even all the way through. Do you have any good suggestions for a solid single action carry in that price range?

8. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

The closest single action carry I have to that price range would be my P238. Still a bit more expensive, but since the P938 came out the P238 price has been going down. Love mine, easy to carry however I want and I enjoy shooting it. I have been carrying a poly striker fired gun recently, I'm better with them than the true DAO P250, and you'll find quite a few options for around the same price.

Keep in mind, purely my opinion and my inexperience with DA. If you can I would try and rent one, you may just find you love the trigger, as many people I know do. It's just not for me.

9. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

I did go and rent one last night. The trigger seemed fine but then I shot an xdm and it was night and day. My buddy has one and is constantly raving about it. I was also more accurate with the xdm. I am used to 1911's so the xdm has the grip safety that felt natural to me. Ill take a look at the p238 but the xdm is looking sweet right now.

10. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Is the p238 a sub compact?

11. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Oh yeah, it's small.

Attached Files:

12. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Good lord that's tiny! How is it to hold onto?

13. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

There's at least one recent thread asking the same question. Search the forum for more answers.

14. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Sig makes some fine firearms. If the P250 is what you want, you can't go wrong. Personally, I didn't like the trigger pull. It wasn't that heavy, but it was very long. I could feel my grip shifting as I got closer to the break point. That made it very hard for me to hit anything with any degree of consistency.

15. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

That is kind of what happened to me when I shot it. I wasn't in love with it. I always feel like I have to love the gun to buy it and that wasn't the one. I'm leaning more toward the xds but still have to check out the cz p-07

16. zeke4351

zeke4351 New Member

People that didn't grow up shooting revolvers tend to not like the double action trigger on the Sig P250 and therefore bad mouth the gun as junk. The P250 is a very good gun with a great trigger and is a bargain at the price they sell for just ask anyone that really does know anything about guns and that has real life experience with firearms in general. So many people have become overnight gun experts by reading false information passed around by other overnight gun experts on Internet gun forums. A lot of it is amusing stuff.

17. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Wow. Great post. Considering you know nothing about my background, my age, or my experience you sure did do a good job of being insulting. With an attitude like that you'll go far around here.

So tell me, Zeke, what is my level of experience with revolvers? How new am I to shooting? Can you tell me what my real life experience is with firearms? Did I form my opinion from reading something on the internet or did I actually own a P250 at one time? Come on, Zeke. Inquiring minds want to know.

18. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Wow... is this some kind of joke?

19. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

I grew up with revolvers, and yet, I don't like DAO triggers on principle. Worth noting, surprisingly few revolvers are DAO. Whether you agree or not, a lot of people don't care for DAO trigger pulls. Furthermore this is an internet firearms forum. The OP came here and asked for opinions regarding a Sig P250, and surprisingly, he got a few. Please note the term "opinion." We are all entitled to ours as are you. Because you don't agree doesn't entitle you to get snotty about it. FWIW, it's taken me over 30 years to become an overnight expert. :rolleyes:

To the OP:
    I would ask you to have a look at the Sig P2022. Of the two pistols, it's the one I'd prefer. By Sig standards, it's still pretty well priced

20. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Thank you for your OPINION. I really appreciate it. I tell ya. Some peoples kids! Ill check into the p2022. One of my buddies has one but says its too big for him to ccw. Do they make a compact p2022? Thank you for your input to my question.