Should i be scolded for saying jesus christ on on a post ,is this not america? where

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Milsurpshooter60, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milsurpshooter60

Milsurpshooter60 New Member

I was just scolded by forum for saying jesus christ on one my post,s ,??????????? Is that not what we are fighting now free speech and freedom of beleifs?freedom to own what we want ,say what we want do as we want ?I am so sick of the god people and the muslims and all other religions acting like it is such a Big deal to mention their so called god or saviuor so i gues been fun my freinds if i cant speak freely should i be thrown off forum for saying jesus christ? thats just crazy, i can see if i said i hate god or jesus or allah i did not , i just made an exclamation and got scolded and warned right after i offered to buy a subscription , that is total censorship?Ill find a new forum they want to censor our free speech right ,how is that any worse than putting up posts on zombies or how we dont like muslim radical,s? It is 100% unamerican,so that seems very hypocritical to me,what do you think? did that offend you?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

actually the forum is owned by a company. when you signed up and joined, you agreed to abide by the Terms Of Use. so in all truthfulness, your 1st amendment rights end when you log on.

this forum is actually quite leniant with what they allow us to say. best analogy i can give is, it's like being in someone else's home.

3. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

This is thin ice.

If you were scolded by another poster, then I'm all for the scolding. Free speech is free speech.

If you were PM'd by a moderator, then I think you are owed an apology, in a PM, which may be the best format for this entire discussion.

4. Milsurpshooter60

YES i was scolded by a moderater and my reply was is this not america?????I dont bother anyone or fight with them on here but thats exactly why we are all in America to not be censored. and if my 1st amendment rights end when i sign into forum i am on wrong forum i say.First i got an e mail from another member i told i did noty mean to offend him , but then i got scolded \by a moderarter and warned not to do it again wtf??????????? thats bs.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  5. vincent

vincent New Member

Free speech does NOT exist on private property, which this forum is...

Like it or not, some people are offended when the Lord's name is used in vain...which, if you wanna get technical about it, is a sin...

6. 303tom

303tom New Member

Some people are just too thin-skinned buddy, don`t let it bug ya, if you are getting scolded there, be the better man & DON`T be there...........I got reprimanded on a forum once for proving a Mod. wrong, I never went back.

7. Axxe55

being on aforum is like being in someone else's home. your freedom of speech is what they allow. it's their home. if they don't like what you're saying, then you either shut up or leave. but in he end, it's their home and they get to make the rules.

8. Milsurpshooter60

It is a sin to you maybe i dont beleive in any religion period but i dont tell others not too.So no sin in my eyes its an opinion,nothing more

9. Milsurpshooter60

Just seems very antiamerican to me and very one sided to take the side of a guy that beleives in a god i dont beleive in thought we had that right in america?And i never said i hate god i made an exclamation like you saying omg did you see that?? i dont get the offensivness in that?

10. Axxe55

i'm sorry but what am i missing here? you don't believe in any religion and you used the Lord's name and you got scolded for it and now you're feelings are hurt? seriously partner, it's time to just move past it and go on. IMO, you're making this out to be some civil rights violation. it's not.

11. Milsurpshooter60

Feelings are not hurt at all i just think it is ridiculous and exactly what we are fighting to keep in america our right to speak and think as we wish, srry you dont get that.I think it is all a fairy tale but i dont scold people that do not think the same or censor there right to make an exclamation which was no insult to anyone to start with it is CHILDESHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Refer to my first sentence, that right there is your answer...

13. Axxe55

trust me i do get it. i also maybe seem to understand that the forum is also in a sense private property held or owned by someone else and that when i'm here, i have agreed to abide by their rules.

many times i have been flamed on for siding with the rights of the property owner, like in the issue of CC on private property. IMO, the property owners rights trump all. yes you have rights to say whatever you want to. but if you were standing on my property, then i can limit what you say. now if you stand on the road in front of my property, which is public, then you can say anything you like and there's nothing i can do about it.

14. Milsurpshooter60

Like i said its been fun guess this is wrong forum for me ,Because i would never take that as an insult or foul language or anti religous in any way ,shape, or form.And open forums are for just that speaking our minds i thought ?Sharing views and opinions guess this one is biased .

15. vincent

vincent New Member

I don't cuss like a longshoreman in front of women and children, is that restricting my free speech or just being courteous?

16. Milsurpshooter60

where did i cuss? where did i insult god or anyone else by saying jesus did you see that?? its stupid and arrogant and one sided as fk.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The 1st Amendment says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No one here represents Congress. What you have encountered has nothing to do with your 1st Amendment rights. All in all, this is a pretty laid back forum. If you have been told that your conduct was not appropriate, and for that reason you are offended and feel you should leave, you may be correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.