Shotguns with Bayonettes

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by ChiefWiggums, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ChiefWiggums

ChiefWiggums New Member

Can anyone give me information about older shotguns which have bayonettes on them? Any information would be appreciated such as who makes them, when made, etc Thanks

2. WILDCATT

WILDCATT New Member

1897 WIN WERE USED IN WW1 IN TRENCHES AND AT WAR FACTORIES.
    NOW THE CHINESH ARE MAKING THEM FOR COLLECTORS AND IN COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING WITH OUT the perferated hand guard.

3. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

During The Great War (aka: WW1) they were known as Trench Guns. The Germans tried to get them outlawed as "inhumane," but considering it was Germany that began using chemical weapons, nobody paid them much attention.

4. jismail

jismail New Member

Due to having a surplus of m1917 availability, The WW1/WW2 M97 (winchest 1897) and the later WW2 M12 (winchester 1912) and the Winchester 1200 Combat shotguns were all fitted with the bayonette lug for usage with the m1917 16" bayonet, and IIRC some shotguns using this configuration were in still use up thru the Vietnam war

5. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Oh really?
    Norinco Model 97 Trench Gun 12g 20"

Actually the trench gun isn't legal for CAS. It is legal for Wild Bunch side matches tho.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  6. JonM

JonM Moderator

you two realize this thread is almost 4 years old?? right??

7. jismail

jismail New Member

... I type REALY, REALY slow. :)

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

And THAT made me laugh out loud!

9. Hawg

Hawg New Member

I just looked at the date of the last post.:eek: