Ruger p95

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by cfitting, Jul 9, 2012.

1. cfitting

cfitting New Member

I just bought my first pistol and its a ruger p95 I was wondering of any one knew where I could get a longer barrel for it I did some looking myself and found nothing any help would be great thanks

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Welcome to ftf. Why are you looking for a longer barrel?

3. cfitting

cfitting New Member

Really cause I been told that it will perform better and improve accuracy is that true

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Probably not to a point that would make it worth the cost. You would still have the same sight radius. You may want to look into better sights and just keep practicing.

5. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

The gun is more accurate than you are as it is out of the box. I own a P95 and while it is no match grade pistol, it is a nice shooter and will serve you well for it's intended purpose. If you want super accurate you are not going to find it in a $350 pistol and a barrel is not going to make a difference.

6. cfitting

cfitting New Member

Ok on that note is there anything besides the sights I should upgrade

7. cfitting

cfitting New Member

Any upgrades worth putting on it?

8. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Not that I can think of. Like you said maybe night sights. IMO if this is your first pistol and you are a newer shooter, spend your money on a good firearms class. You will learn many valuable things. Money spent on training is never a bad thing and it's an investment that never wears out.

9. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

Upgrade your ammo supply and leave the gun alone. Shoot more and learn for yourself if there are any changes that are worth it for you to make. I do not own one but have shot several. They are very good shooters as they are.

10. cfitting

cfitting New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice and tips

11. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Never seen a longer barrel for that gun.

However, I have owned a couple of these over the years. This is the one case where I prefer aftermarket mags over factory mags. MecGar mags have a thicker body and less flax than the factory mags. Also easier to load than the factory mags, IMHO.

Mecgar makes factory mags for many other gun companies, and are generally considered the best aftermarket mags. So, they are good stuff.

12. cfitting

cfitting New Member

I have the 15 rd ones now which size is bigger with out sticking out if the gun too mich

13. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The Ruger P95 was my first handgun and I love shooting it!!

image-3594474138.jpg

14. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I used the 15 round MecGars. Same size.

They also have 17 rounders that should be the same size as well. I ordered mine from Midway USA