restricted mags?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by clr8ter, Oct 7, 2013.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Has anyone ever heard of having to do a form 4473 for a large-capacity mag? We live in a state that does not restrict them, yet one of my co-workers said his son had to do the 4473 to get one. (I think it was a 50 rd drum mag for an AR or something. This sounds like total BS to me, and this guy is constantly coming up with odd gun laws I've never heard of, but I had to ask......

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Very interesting. If there was a change it is news to me. Basically just registered the magazine. Ivanhoe have passed on it.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

bs-meter.jpg

A 4473 is for the transfer of a FIREARM. Magazines are not firearms. You have encountered an asshat.

Do not call him out. Being aware that he is full of crap will permit you to take action to prevent relying on him for anything important in the future.

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

That is my impression, too.

I didn't plan to. I am pretty sure he was/is FOS on most everything he's told me about guns. (BTW, he's also, won several national titles in trap shooting, too.):rolleyes:

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Active Member

We can always count on C3Shooter for great responses. :D

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

hmmmm..I don't remember seeing him at the loyal fraternity of awesome before.:confused:
    If he truly is awesome then I'm sure he's won a tourney using only left handed ammo.:cool:

7. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Hey ricki where did you get the picture of my Smith.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Active Member

Are you talking about my avatar? I believe it is a stock pic that I found on google. I have one just like it. But I think it was just something on google. Is it seriously a pic of yours?

9. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Just pulling your chain.

10. string1946

string1946 New Member

Form 4473 is a federal form. States can't pick and choice how to use it. Your co worker is full of it.

11. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

Well, you guys just don't know everything! There's a guy down here knows a guy that loads his 308 rounds so they only drop a few inches at 1500 yards, he is gonna get me a box when he goes to pick up his 9mm 180gr. hollowpoints, that he uses in his Hi Point. Ya just got to stay up with the times fellers....

12. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

Oh yeah, and they passed a law in AR. You can still buy an AR 15 but you can't scope it or add or change anything on it.

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Internet protocol- since it is difficult to convey tone or emotion in type, Sarcasm is denoted by the use of GREEN type.

But I am certain you know that....

:p