Poop Hits the Fan Knives

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Wambli, May 25, 2011.

1. Wambli

Wambli New Member

Show the one you'd grab to leave civilization for good...
    Custom Bruce Gillespie 8" blade
    [​IMG]

Treeman Knives 8" blade
    [​IMG]

2. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Mine is a 14" machete (20" total length) made of 1/4" thick vehicle leaf spring. Not fancy or tacticool but I am sure will get the job done. :cool:

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

My Microtech Combat Troodon.

OR

[​IMG]

My Spyderco Civilian.

[​IMG]

Thats my CCG 460 Rowland barrel below the Spyderco.

4. Wambli

Wambli New Member

Wow, you have nice taste in knives. That Spyderco Civilian has to be the nastiest blade I've ever laid eyes on brother...:eek:

I do have to say I had bigger in mind. Kind of like, I'm in the middle of the woods, blizzard is coming and I need to build a shelter, size knife...

5. Wambli

Wambli New Member

I have to tell you I always thought something like that would be a great idea. Did you do the work yourself? Did you temper and re-harden the blade or just ground away at it?

6. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I just bought mine through eBay though I planned on making my own someday. I just have to pull myself back since most of my hobbies had a tendency to become money pits (which I cannot afford right now). :(

I've read bare bones (backyard smithing) tutorials online on how to make one by grinding and tempering but as mentioned...my hobbies tend to creep so I am not even letting it start for now.

7. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I agree, it looks ........menacing. :eek:

8. Wambli

Wambli New Member

I know EXACTLY what you are saying. I have a boatload of knife making supplies and leather working tools waiting for me to get "time" to play with them...

9. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Trench knife with a footlong blade and brass knuckles in the handle. Don't have pics.

10. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

A simple tanto for me! :cool: I have an 18" Gerber machete if I need more. :eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  11. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

this is the knife I skinned and gutted my first animal with, also it's lucky I was carrying this when I shot my first coyote, and when I shot my first turkey. Not only that my dad gave me this when I was 11, so I'm not leaving it for looters or what ever to get there hands on.

Attached Files:

12. Blaine

Blaine New Member

I would go with my DF Delta Foxtrot.

[​IMG]

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Blizzard? In Ft Lauderdale?

Not so much. :eek:

14. Wambli

Wambli New Member

I see your point. Ok :D

15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Details, please. Is that the British guy? How much? Steel?

16. Blaine

Blaine New Member

Fletcher Knives

17. CA357

CA357 New Member

Ka-Bar/Becker Bowie. It's been camping and used a bit since my out of focus pic. I've stoned it and it's has taken a beautiful edge that seems to hold well. It's ready for another Summer.

[​IMG]

18. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

19. pbrause2010

pbrause2010 New Member

image-3188423172.jpg

I've had this Model 14 Randall since I was a kid. I guess if the SHTF I'd carry it over anything else. BTW I'm trying to learn how to post pics. If I screw this up it's because I'm a newb.

20. BioInclined

BioInclined New Member

I have the same exact one and would be the first thing I grab too as a major defense/survival weapon.