Picked up anther M&P Shield today!

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by shipwreck, Jul 14, 2012.

1. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY got my second 9mm S&W Shield. Been looking for 2 months now..

FINALLY!

Selling my PX4 to cover the cost (yes, its true)... Officially taking a hiatus from gun buying now. Been buying for years. Now, gonna start taking some vacations... Obviously, keeping my Beretta 92s, though, and my pair of PS90s :)

I have some sort of complex with having multiples of the same gun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Congrats. It's always more fun when it takes a bit of searching. Took me 4 months to find my glock 20

3. cvia

cvia New Member

That's great man! Those are flying off the shelves around here in va. I just got my first m&p 40 yesterday. I like the shields but a 1911 is deff next.

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Thanks where are you getting them from? I've had a hell of a time trying to locate one at a decent price.

5. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Well, I got the first one over 2 months ago. Rented one, and called a local shop the same day... I was told they had one coming in that Monday, and they held it for me.

SInce then, I have spent 2 months searching for a 2nd one. I have been on the waiting list at 3 gun shops - even #2 on the list at one of them... STILL waiting...

Went to Houston and struck out at a gunshow. Then, on the way home, I stopped by a Carters Country gunstore and they had some

6. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat New Member

An LGS was selling M&Ps yesterday and giving 5 free shots. Damn near bought one on the spot. Great trigger, surprisingly little recoil. I definitely have one on my radar. Good buy!

Like the picture of Jagr. Good luck with him in Dallas! Tires out late in the year.

7. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Yes, they are nice guns. I did 5 shots at my local range and was hooked.

As for Jagr, I'm sorry to see him go to Dallas. I am gonna miss him on the Flyers...

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I'm still waiting for my... First one ;(. Regretted that i didn't buy it when my lgs had it on the first week it was released. Oh well, i'd just wait...
    Congrats on your second score!

9. metalry23

metalry23 New Member

I have an m&p 9 and I was wondering what the difference is from the original to the shield? Is it really that noticeable?

10. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I hate the factory trigger on regular M&Ps. The Shield has a different trigger and is much thinner as well.