Phoenix Arms

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Thelt, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Thelt

Thelt New Member

Anyone own a Phoenix HP22? I know they are cheap but the reviews are not that bad on it. Thinking of picking one up.

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I've not had one. I've shot a couple and was not impressed to the point where I would want to get one. 22 auto loaders are pretty cheap anyway so it's not to much to get something like a Buckmark or Ruger MKII or MKIII.

3. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Browning Buckmark, Beretta Neos, S&W 22A, Ruger Mk II/III. All far superior, and only incrementally more expensive.

4. Thelt

Thelt New Member

My local gun store has the Phoenix for about $125 and the Ruger at over $300.

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

With guns, as well as everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

Yes, a Ruger or Buckmark is more expensive but they have a proven track record and are quality guns with a broad base of happy owners...

6. Esteban

Esteban New Member

Yes, they are cheap & NOT legal in some states, if I remember right. It does seem like most people who own one have been satisfied. I like the harder nose bullets , like Remington & others, compared to the soft lead of some Federals , for reliable feeding in one.

7. Gerbilwarrior

Gerbilwarrior New Member

I have an hp22a and an hp25a

The little phoenix pistols are cheap, and fun. I wrote a little info page....

Phoenix Arms HP22A .22 LR Pistol Review

But I wouldn't carry one daily for self-defense, unless I had nothing else.

8. Thelt

Thelt New Member

I would not carry it very often. I would probably just leave it in the dash of my car as an extra.

9. divinginn

divinginn New Member

I had one for about 5 years,it always went bang and did what it was designed to do,accuracy was not the greatest but was acceptable for short range.

10. Mark F

Mark F New Member

I bought one about a month ago, just got around to shooting last weekend. It's a great little pistol. I shot about 100 rounds and only one DNF. It was surprisingly accurate too.

Here is my little shooter...

[​IMG]

11. TexasRog

TexasRog New Member

I bought one about a year ago and have put at least 3000 rounds through it. I did manage to get it hot and ruined the recoil spring. Got a new spring and am back in business. Failure to feed was the result. I am really impressed with this pistol.

12. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

The Phoenix HP22 is my primary CCW carry with Federal hollow points. I carry it in a shoulder holster; the weapon carries light, concealable, and very reliable.

13. TexasRog

TexasRog New Member

my opinion only..but more people die from .22 gun shot wounds that any other caliber. I would not be against a .22 for a conceal carry weapon. There are some wicked rounds out there for it. Shot placement is more important than anything else. You can carry a .45 and if all you can hit is innocent bystanders, it would be useless an you would end up in Jail.