Ordered my first 1911, deciding on grips

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by rangerXLT91_05, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rangerXLT91_05

rangerXLT91_05 New Member

Hey guys, going to be new to the 1911 scene as I followed suite of many and ordered a Tisas 1911. I'm looking forward to it coming in, but I don't like the style or appearance of the grips, just not my flavor. I am deciding between custom punisher grips or black checkered grips. Which would you guys choose? The black grips will be much cheaper, but the punisher grips look amazing. Here are the ones I'm looking at and a rough photo-chop I did of the punisher grips. The black ones will match my 45lc blackhawk, so that is part of why I'm really considering them.

Anyway, here are the links

Black checkered:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearce-Grip...886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec52fa61e

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-1911-G...384?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e793fb608

Punisher grips edit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxyuq46y0cut5at/future 1911.png

Thanks guys!

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Google "custom 1911 grips" there are probably more grips made for the 1911 than any other pistol. hell, get a few sets and change them up to suit your mood!

3. rangerXLT91_05

haha I've noticed, I've came across hundreds already, which I definitely love how easy it is to customize these guns

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Tru Dat :)
    As for the punisher thing---Very so yesterday kinda overdone IMO :rolleyes:

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Grips are way to personal for other to pick your grips when looks only are the prime concern.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Agree but still better than askin "What kind of gun shud i buy" :p

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I've had that site saved for years but never bought any- They must be pretty up 'n up to be around this long :cool:

9. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

10. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

I put a set of VZ grips on mine and love the feel and look. You can see them on the smaller 1911 in the picture
    [​IMG]

11. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Didn't someone post a thread recently about those guns not having the same spacing on the grip bushings as standard 1911s?

I'd look into that before ordering anything.

12. rangerXLT91_05

Thanks for all the input guys. Olympus I have previously searched for input on the Tisas, but didn't recover anything about grip interchangeability issues, and have noticed many people changing the grips. I'll have to double check on that. So are there no takers on the punisher grips? lol I kinda like the idea that black grips will match my blackhawk but then again I could also call it my punisher haha I will take a look at all the suggestions though before rendering a decision

13. bartwatkins

bartwatkins New Member

Between the two you have picked - my choice would be the black checkered ones for sure (just not into the whole "punisher" theme myself)....

But as others have mentioned, check out VZ Grips, Esmeralda, Sarge (The Finer Grain) & Brown's Custom Grips
    I own grips form all of these makers - all are PREMIUM grips!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  14. bartwatkins

bartwatkins New Member

PS - Olympus (who you have just been talking to) is one and the same as Brown's Custom Grips!
    Olympus is a top notch grip maker!

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thanks Bart! I'm on several different forms and I'm always surprised to see that I usually get forgotten about. Surprising because I've been around longer than the usual suspects and probably sold more sets of grips than 90% of the other custom makers, including making grips directly for an ultra-high-end 1911 manufacturer.

But I can always count on you to be sure an include me. Not only here, but elsewhere too. It doesn't go unnoticed and it's greatly appreciated!

16. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I apologize I was mistaken. It's the Girsan that has didn't grip bushing spacing. Not your gun.

17. rangerXLT91_05

Good deal, that's comforting lol mind if I see a little bit of your work?

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Personally... I would not adorn any "defensive" pistol with "Punisher" grips... or "Death Wish" grips... or any grip that glorifies a Hollywood Vigilante.

Should you ever be forced to defend your life with this tool, it will become "evidence", an the chance of an anti-self defense prosecutor, flashing those "evil" looking grips at the jury, is a real concern.

Just my .02 Cents...

Tack

19. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

20. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Punisher is kind of flashy. I think a GI model needs classic wood. Just my opinion. The only 1911 in .45 auto I know that has different grips is some sig sauer models. You can see its rounded at the lower palm.

image-2892102323.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.