New rifle.

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by doctherock, Oct 2, 2010.

1. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I've made up my mind. This is the rifle I will be purchasing this year. I have an agreement with the wife. Ok not an agreement but a somewhat quasi understanding that I go to school, I get 2 new guns. One per year at least. Reason being is I give up all me free time during the week, make extra money going to school and I need something for a reward.

Attached Files:

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Oh and I want the olive drab.

3. 556plinker

556plinker New Member

I would build one as that is what I am in the extended process of doing! You can smuggle in the parts above and beyond the projected budget if you need to.:D

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Problem I have is time. Weekends are for family and house projects and weekdays I work from 6am till I'm done studying at 10pm.

5. 556plinker

556plinker New Member

The lower build takes 1 hour tops.....don't know about the upper though as that is my next step. I would think 1 hour at the most as well. Any procurement through whatever means is a VICTORY!:)

6. CA357

CA357 New Member

Details man, we need details. I like the look of the OD.

7. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Doc, what they be? Is it a Barrett? I just sold a guy a Rec7 that looked almost the same.

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Details

Its the Bushmaster MOE M-4 carbine.
    Features & Specifications
    [Metric in brackets]
    Caliber: 5.56mm / .223 Rem.
    Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds
    Overall Length: 35.5" [90.17 cm]
    Barrel Length: 16" [40.64 cm]
    Rifling: 1 turn in 9" [22.86 cm]
    R.H. Twist / 6 grooves & lands
    Weight w/o magazine: 6.22 lbs. [2.821 kg]
    Weight of empty magazine: 0.25 lbs. [0.113 kg]
    Weight of loaded magazine: 1.00 lbs. [0.454 kg]
    Mode of Operation: Gas Operated/Semi-Automatic

This top quality Bushmaster Carbine brings reliable Bushmaster performance with exceptional ergonomics through Magpul Original Equipment. Key enhancements include the MOE collapsible stock, pistol grip, polymer hand guard, MBUS rear flip sight and PMAG. The premium 16" M4 Profile Barrel is chrome lined in both Bore and Chamber to provide Bushmaster accuracy, durability and maintenance ease.

* 5.56mm / .223 Rem.
    * 16” M4 Profile Barrel with A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
    * Receiver Length Picatinny Optics Rail with Magpul MBUS Rear Flip Sight
    * Magpul MOE Polymer Hand Guard Accepts MOE Rail Inserts (not included)
    * Magpul MOE Adjustable Buttstock with Strong A-frame Design and Rubber Buttplate
    * Magpul MOE Pistol Grip Accepts MIAD Storage Cores (not included); MOE enhanced trigger guards
    * Shipped in a Lockable Hard Case with Operator’s Safety Manual, 30 Round Black PMAG, Yellow Safety Block and Black Web Sling
    * One Year Bushmaster Warranty
    * Available with Black, Flat Dark Earth or Foliage Green Furniture

9. CA357

CA357 New Member

Sweet. Bushmasters are very nice.

10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Now I just have to save the money. May be close to a year before I buy, hopefully less.

11. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

If it shoots anything like my V-Match, that's a hellava rifle. Good choice IMHO.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Very nice. You will actually save a little buying this model that comes w/ the Magpul goodies already installed.

13. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Can't wait to get it in my chubby hands. haven't ford one since I got out of the service in 2001.

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It took me a few years before I even wanted to touch a firearm after leaving the Army I hatted weapons so much. Now I cant seem to get enough of them. Is that rifle a Delton? The reason I ask is I believe Aimsurplus.com had some for sale a while back for a great price.

15. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

So is there a GPA requirement attached to this quasi understanding

16. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Dont bring that up. If there isnt she might see your post and make one :)

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hey doc, that actually could be good news - why not start building an AR now! Besides saving money, use that time to research every part that goes in to YOUR RIFLE and I guarantee you will end up with a rifle much better than Bushamster! :D

And you could have a lower receiver done in a couple months - something in your hands before Christmas! The down side is that no way will you wait a year to finish it... Oh wait, that's not so bad. ;)

18. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh New Member

Hmm, Lifetime Guarantee goes a long way. I bought mine in Clintons 1st year. Still runs great. They were high back then. $1100.00 for a DCM. I was into high power shoots at the time. I got burned on the price from one perspective. But it has been flawless.

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The AR I built has a Lifetime Warranty provided by uh, me. And I kinda trust that guy and the parts that went into the rifle! :D

20. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Not so long as I get my degree and maintain a c average which keeps my funding.