New M&P 15-22 On the way !!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Powersportgiant, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

After careful consideration, i finally pulled the trigger and purchased myself an M&P 15-22, MOE version in the flat dark earth. Ordered if offline, so I am waiting on it to come on. Very excited about this purchase.

Question: It has the Magpul sights on it and I have a cheap red dot laying around that I would not mind putting on this rifle. I would like to be able to do view the sights with the red dot mounted... (forgot what that term is called)... would i need some kind of riser for my red dot?

Also, any ammo recommendations for this firearm that it likes best?

I appreciate any help and input !

Attached Files:

2. Howdy

Howdy New Member

Howdy,
    congrats on choosing a fine rifle. I have had mine now for 3 weeks and love it. I have shot Federal and Blazer ammo, about 500 rounds through it and have not had one failure to fire or failure to eject. The manual that comes with it says to avoid Remington ammo. I tried a red dot on mine and couldnt get a good sight picture because of the straight stock. I think one with a taller mount would work. I have 5 10-22s and have stocks with drop down tail pieces and they work fine. Enjoy the new rifle. Have a goodun!!!!!!

3. JTJ

JTJ Active Member

4. Powersportgiant

I want to be able to co witness if the battery dies (remember the term now). Can this be done without any kind of riser or anything ?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  5. Leathermarshmallow

Leathermarshmallow New Member

You will probably need a medium riser to co-witness with the sights. I have mine set up that and and it is very convenient.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive run a LOT of different 22lr through mine including the remington junk. it eats it all. the problem with remingtons is that 15-20% are duds. it isnt that it wont eat them its just really really crappy ammo.

blazer is the unplated version of the cci minimag. cci blazer is the best cheap 22lr out there.

7. Powersportgiant

I will steer clear of the Remington. I have about 10k of the federal bulk stuff so I just wanted to make sure it was good through it.

I appreciate your input JonM, definitely helped me make my decision. Question for you, you have a .22 suppressor right? Thoughts on it ?

8. VikingGuy

VikingGuy New Member

congrats on the new rifle. I love the dark earth, would like one for my own.

9. Powersportgiant

Thanks. Did my first online firearms purchase through Bud's. I have my fingers crossed it all goes smooth.

10. Howdy

Howdy New Member

Howdy,
    I was shooting with my lady friend this afternoon. To be safe I had 500 rounds of Federal for the Smith and 599 rounds of the Remington golden bullets for the 10-22. After a few refreshing beverages I decided to try the Remingtons in the Smith. Well, after about 100 rounds I couldnt tell any difference. Not one problem. I am thinking that since Smith and Remington are firearms competitors , maybe it is sales hype not to use the Remington in the Smith. Oh well, just my experience this afternoon. By the way, the Smith never has a problem. Maybe next I will try some Daisy BBs and see how that works out. Have a goodun!!!!!