New Ithaca 1911s?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by M14sRock, May 1, 2011.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Maybe this has been posted and I missed it. But figured it was work putting out there.

The Ithaca 1911

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Looks promising, has any gun rag done a review yet?

3. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger New Member

I looked at them at the SHOT show
    Ithaca has included nice features saving some later upgrades
    Over all I am impressed with most Ithaca products

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Those were the talk on a lot of boards right after the SHOT show, but've noticed that the interest has lost considerable steam sine them. I haven't seen anyone post any reviews, so I'm assuming that the guns are just too hard to get ahold of.

5. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

Way too much money for my blood. Optional case for $119! You gotta' really want one for the $$$ they are asking.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i was really stoked about this gun until i found out it had checkered front strap, checkered mainsprig housing (i like the ones that are lined, adjustable sights, beaver tail grip safety, front sight is dovetailed not staked, full length stainless guide rod. all those are negatives in a 1911 to me.

too much bs to convert it to an A1 configuration and removing the front checkering and front dovetail is not possible. so i lost any interest in this one. while i would love to have a modern ithaca i want it to be an A1.

7. mes227

mes227 New Member

The don't buy the case!

How much is the gun? I don't see any pricing info on the Ithaca site. It's a good looking gun with nice features. I've had great experience with Ithaca products (going back to my 1940 post-Flues 12 ga SxS & 1949 Mod 37 16 ga) Wouldn't mind adding a 1911 to my Ithaca collection.

8. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger New Member

If you are looking to buy a basic model the Ithica is going to be pricey, the gun comes with features that most would pay extra for a gunsmith to install