"New for me" bow

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by SmithKid308, Apr 24, 2012.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Well I just revived a bow from Bear archery it's called the "White Bear" but it has no string and was wondering which way it needs to be strung because well heres some pics

Attached Files:

2. Dan308

Dan308 New Member

I like the recurve. I still have my Bear grizzly since I was 14

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

always always always use a bow stringer. never ever never use the leg in the bow method. its easy to lose control and suffer a very serious injury even death from losing control of a bow bent by just muscle power. not using a bow stringer is on the same order of irresponsible to your own safety as carrying a pistol solely by one finger through the trigger guard with the hammer back and safety off on a loaded chamber

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQva0lgRb6E[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  4. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

What size string do I use it says 62 AMO what does that mean?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

AMO stands for archery manufacturer's organization. its the standards used to measure bows so you can go from one shop to the next and say "ive got an amo 63 inch recurve and need a string for it" and the shop owner will give ya the string you need.

most likely you will not want a fastflite string unless you know for positive your bow was made to take the extra abuse. its kinda like a +P rating for bowstrings. generally fastflite strings allow more energy to be transfered to the arrow and only bows made specifically strong enough should use them.

you will prolly need a b50 string for a recurve of amo lemgth 63.

i highly recomend getting "shooting the stickbow" book from anthony camera. http://www.shootingthestickbow.com/

its got everything and then some for any beginner to shooting recurves or longbows