My collection

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, Nov 17, 2009.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Unlike many FTF members, I haven't lost all my guns in a boating accident. I was going thru the collection and came up with some useless statistics on the handguns I currently have (over a dozen):

35% are .45 ACP
    29% are 1911s
    29% are revolvers
    18% are rimfires
    12% are plastic
    12% are pocket guns

Looks like I don't discriminate and I like just about everything (no Glocks though)...

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

3. Jess

Jess New Member

do you have an pink guns?? huh? huh? do ya? discrimination i say!!!!

4. tom777

tom777 New Member

given the high numbers of boating accidents I've taken up a new hobby -- diving. I now have about 1,000 handguns:cool:

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Do you leave all the long arms on the bottom??

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i have a pink sig mosquito and its a lot of fun to shoot. building a pink 10/22 atm. got a special order scope from leupold on order its coming anodized pink. ill post pics when its ready. :) pink guns rule.

7. WDB

WDB New Member

Intresting NGIB, and a good way to view what you shoot. I guess I lack focus or I'm deverse. Either way I like to shoot.

25% are .45 ACP
    25% are .40 S&W
    25% are 9mm
    17% are .357/.38
    8% are rim fire
    8% are 1911s
    25% are revolvers
    25% are plastic/polly frame
    0% are pocket guns
    0% are pink
    0% Glock

Wish me luck, with the high winds here in the PNW, it's time to take my pistols for a sail boat ride in the AM.

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Just useless statistics but it does provide some insight into our firearms mindset. I lean towards steel .45s obviously. At the moment I have no 9mm guns at all but I have nearly 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo - hmmmm....

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

1YostBHP1.jpg

BHP, you need one!

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

ill give a run down of mine :)
    ruger single six in 22LR/22wm
    ruger 22/45
    ruger 1022 x2 22lr
    springfield armory 1911-A1
    sig P220
    sig P226
    desert eagle .50AE with .44 conversion
    high standard target pistol circa 1950 22lr
    sig mosquito
    remington 700 XCR compact tactical 308 with leupold mk4
    mossberg 590 12ga
    mossberg 835 12ga
    colt sp1 5.56 with .45acp upper conversion
    dpms panther M4 with leupold CQT
    ruger SR556
    winchester model 70 classic super express .458 winmag with leupold VX7
    winchester M1 carbine no stock just reciever assembly and barrel and trigger group

11. User Name

User Name New Member

I have a:

Mosin Nagant Bolt action carbine rifle 7.62x54

Remington 870 express 12 guage

Wasr-10 AK-47 7.62x39

J.P Saur and Sons .22LR single action revolver

Glock Model 19 9mm

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I HIGHLY reccomend you do yourself a favor and buy a CZ-75B to shoot those 9mm's through. Either that or ship them to me and I will. :D

Steel frame, and well worth the $550!!

13. WDB

WDB New Member

What no one else can do the 5th grade math?

With a 1,000 rounds of 9mm you know you should get a 9mm otherwise it like owning a bikini and not having a woman to wear it:) For a modest price you can find a Ruger P series and enjoy that ammo, just a thought.

14. Shihan

Shihan Lifetime Supporting Member

You can get a Hi-Point and get even more ammo that equals more fun Shooting.

15. SeanCucf

SeanCucf New Member

160% of mine are .40 S&W, so I guess I'm 2% cooler than you:p

16. WDB

WDB New Member

Considering your math skills, that is about right:) You added up my % totals to make a rude remark:eek: You should go back and better understand what the % expressed. Let me know if you need help with a more simple explaination. I'll give you a hint... there is a mix of information and the result will not be 100%.

Hey at least your 2% cooler than me based on your math

Honestly understand the post before you try to punk a member, the lack of understanding the post and the insult to another SM. What is that about:confused:

Sean you have some explaining to do

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I was actually trying to do the math to find out the minimum number of guns you must own for those percents to be correct. But after about 2 minutes I realized math is hard and I'm lazy. Also there may not be enough categories to figure it out without making some assumptions that are not true.

18. RCHanlin

RCHanlin New Member

Kinda was in the same boat ( no accident though )... Had a ton of 9mm with no gun to shoot it with. Reason: Gave the Star to my dad (with a box of relaods) and sold the PT92 to a friend (was getting involved in other things and needed cash fast). then I realized I had all that ammo left. So I broke down and bought a Glock (reasons covered in another thread)..

OH..!! Also had a bikini lying around from a previous marriage (lol not really ) but I did get one fillled when I got married again to a much better woman:)

Cheers:)

19. willie47

willie47 New Member

Ever heard of fishing magnets?

20. SeanCucf

SeanCucf New Member

First off, it was a joke. I meant no harm, but if thats how you took it, then I have all the confidence you'll get over it. It's just miscommunication. You meant one thing, I meant another. You got offended. It was just a joke cause the total was over 100%. No more, no less. I am aware it was intentional on your part. ;)

edit: that's the last time I'll gunk up this thread with OT. Take it to PM if you feel the need.