My 4th AR.. this time build from scratch.

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by okdonk, Oct 20, 2012.

1. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Hi guys. I'm building my 4th AR. This time will be built from the scratch. As all my previous were quad rails, this time i would like something different. I'm thinking of the modular or round shape rail (13"). I been looking at the Troy's, Daniel Defense's and Noveske NSR. My barrel is DD LW 16" Mid Length. Just ordered from Rog Tactical (X-Mark) this morning and already got the shipping confirmation few hours later. Thx X-Mark!!
    So please give your opinions on the rails i mentioned above. Which one should i get and why?
    Also in this thread i'll update the whole process and pics.
    Thank you :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. tacticalfun

tacticalfun New Member

Id lean toward noveske but...have you checked out vtac?

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

The Troy Vtac? Yes i like Noveske NSR.. specially after watching and subscribed myself on "faliaphotography" in youtube :)

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Check out the rainier arms rails
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

How the lower began..

Attached Files:

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a vtac with the slots like above and one with the holes. All are great but I still prefer the rainier first, troy with the holes second and the vtac with slots 3rd of the 3 free floats I have

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Too bad Rainier Arms doesn't have the 13". Been thinking.. i think i narrowed to Troy Vtac Alpha and DD Modular.
    Btw.. the Troy's Alpha/ TRX use the same rail attachments right? Downside of DD.. they don't sell additional rail mounts.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yup 7,9,11,12,15". Weird because seekins makes them for rainier and they have a 13" . The troys both have the same rail mounts and they both come with 3 . 2 shorts and one long.

9. X-mark

X-mark New Member

This is going to be a nice build :)

I'm expecting a shipment of 7", 9", 11", 13", and 15" VTAC Alphas on Friday.

If you feel like selling a kidney, get a Geissele SMR. It's not cheap...it's not lite...but it is one hell of an overbuilt handguard!

[​IMG]

10. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Cool. Let me know when they arrive. I'd like the 13". Hopefully i can make up my mind either that one or the DD.
    Nah thx. I still love my kidney over the Geissele :)

11. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Lifetime Supporting Member

okdonk- looks like a great build in the works!

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I hope so.. but a holes in pockets in the works too :)

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Now im having a lil hesitation.
    My lower is Noveske Gen2 Chainsaw. And already bought a stripped Spike's upper.
    Mated them together and found no wiggle, fit perfectly. Will the Noveske name overwhelms the Spike's? Should i get the Noveske Vltor upper? :(

14. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Yes you should.

15. ZeusEcho

Can't argue against getting a Noveske VLTOR upper :)

BTW- the Noveske Gen 2 lower is probably my favorite. It's just about a tie between that and the Seekins for me. Your build is gonna sweet!!!

16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

But after looking the images of the Noveske Vltor, they look the same. Only price and logos make it difference. I'd love a match set of Noveske and their logos though.

17. ZeusEcho

The Noveske logo is nice and I have a soft spot for matched logos as well. I can't talk you out of this one if that's what you're hoping for LOL

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

The completed lower..

Attached Files:

19. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

That's purty!!