looking for a good 9mm

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Keltec, May 16, 2012.

1. Keltec

Keltec New Member

I'm wanting opinions on 9mm pistols for cc. Looking to spend between 550-600. Thanks for your input.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

check out the Springfield XD or XDm in 9mm or the Smith & Wesson M&P in 9mm. or even the CZ's in 9mm. really the best thing is to just go and start by looking at the gun stores and see what feels the best in your hand. the suggestions i made are pistols that fit me well and i would buy and would also recommend. but another brand could very well be a better fit for you than the ones i suggested. in your price range, there is no doubt you can a quality pistol that fits you well.

3. JTJ

JTJ Active Member

How big and how heavy?

4. Werminator

Werminator New Member

Yeah, size and weight are the two tennants I cannot ignore.. Full sized pistols are harder to conceal and it would seem to me more easy to leave at home than to tolerate any discomfort they may bring with them. Look to something like a Kahr PM9 or CW9, Ruger LC9, KelTec PF9, SR9c from Ruger... well... I guess there are a ton of options... I would look to a striker fired gun personally... I think in the area of size, though, thinness is more important than short... If there were a 1911 the thickness of say a Kahr CW9 I would choose that without batting an eyelash... Just think about the visibility the gun would create in your chosen mode of carry...

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

How much are you planning to spend on a package overall?

The firearm is an essential part, but a self defense / self protection package should be set up that no part can be of questionable quality (firearm, ammo, mags, holster, etc)

No matter what firearm you purchase, make sure the rest of the package is readily available. It does no good to purchase a firearm that you cannot purchase extra mags for.

6. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Take a look at the Walther ppq,it's right in your price range. It's almost the same size as a glock19 but will eat it for breakfast. Mines been flawless so far and has the best trigger on a polymer gun I've ever shot. great ergo's,great trigger,shoots even better. 15+1 capacity.

---Shoot To Thrill---

7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

The XD or M&P are in your price range, both are reliable or the Ruger LC9, SR9. Go to the LGS and handle a few that you like, ask the counter guy what he thinks about them. Narrow down your options and post back here for reviews.

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Come on tell us what you want it to do.High cap range gun, high cap midsized sigle stack mid sized, or a CC sub compact CC.

9. Polygon

Polygon New Member

My suggestion would be the new S&W Shield.

10. workman5487

workman5487 New Member

9mm travels. To fast.

11. bones72

bones72 New Member

I want one of these but have not found one in lgs

12. SherB

SherB New Member

I would go to the range and try as many 9mm's out as possible and see what you like best...worked for me. =)

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Before you buy, give the Browning Hi Power a look. [​IMG]

14. rickyp8888

rickyp8888 New Member

15. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Yeah, people bought them up pretty quick. I have one on layaway at Bud's. I can't wait to try it out.

16. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Active Member

This is the advice I would give you. I love my SIG, right now I carry a full size 226 Navy it's just too big.

I'm looking forward to this though.

Sig 938, slightly larger than the 238 and chambered in 9 mm. :D just makes me happy.

Attached Files:

17. JTJ

JTJ Active Member

I have the Sig p238 and really want to see the 938. The Ruger SR9c weighs in at 28 oz with a full 10 round mag and one in the chamber. My wife and I have his and hers SR9c's. Something to consider is interchangeability. If it came down to one handgun apiece, it would be the SR9c's.

18. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Just buy American.. You will get great quality and help keep your country strong.
    Obviously we can't count on our president to do it.

BTW XDm, Glock, and Taurus are NOT American

19. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American

Ruger LC9 17 .0z 8 rounds better overall finish and trigger than the Kel-Tec.
    Keep in mind cc its light thin easy to carry easy to conceal! About $350 anywhere and its made in the USA and its a Ruger!
    I almost forgot and there is a neat little side mounted laser available that just blends right in!

Last edited: May 19, 2012