Leather or kydex for CCing a steel-framed gun?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by JW357, Jul 27, 2013.

1. JW357

JW357 New Member

Those of you who CC revolvers, or other steel-framed guns, what holsters are better for the finish? Kydex or leather? Or something else?

I've heard both from various sources. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of the goods or bads of either, please chime in.

Thanks friends.

2. reballz

reballz New Member

I prefer kydex personally. I am a big fan of k-round holsters.

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I get cheap but serviceable holsters for concealed carry. I sweat like a pig in the summer. It doesn't matter who makes the holster I need two of them because the holster is still wet the following morning. I almost alway carry IWB in the summer. My underwear and my pants are soaked everyday.

I have started using 6" belly band holsters because they support my back but I still need two in the summer. You can get decent belly band holsters from the sportsmans guide for $17. They have a slot for one gun and two magazines. Some people have a pouch sewn on their belly band holster for cash and other valuables.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Where on earth do you live that you swear so much?

The belly band idea is interesting. I might give it a shot. But I feel like it would make me, personally, sweat more.

Thanks for the replies guys.