LCP last round hold open follower?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by BeyondTheBox, Jul 7, 2014.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Saw a plastic follower on ebay that claims to be a last round slide lock actuator for the LCP.

Anyone have one of these and used? Do they work?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWKZ9j7u9HM[/ame]
    How does it work?

No offense and none taken

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I scoured the tube for a video of it. Lol wonder if it's the app not working right. Ugh, thanks man.

I got one back when I thought I was going to repurchase another LCP. Changed my mind but have been sick with this follower. Probably going to give it to my buddy I have my first LCP to. Unless I decide again to try one... decisions, decisions. Lol

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Anyone else try this or this type of product?

I won't buy a gun that doesn't have a last round hold open function, or at least an aftermarket product that achieves it.

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The LCP is not a range gun. It has nothing on it to snag on your clothing. I would buy a gun that has a slide catch if that is a must have item. I really don't see the point of guns like the LCP now I have been enlightened. I carry a G19 in my pocket just as easily as a sub compact pistol.

Here is my pocket rig, a DeSantis Pocket Tuck. You can see the removable pocket clip if your pockets are small.

[​IMG]

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Problem is you pull the mag to change it and the slide slaps closed Is that right? . Still got to rack it or did I miss something. Buy a tcp or cw380 and have a slide lock and no gimmicks.

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

What gimmick, they use a specialized follower to achieve it as well

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

most likely a raised bit of the follower blocks the slide on last round. if you watch closely at the last round he pulls the slide reward and pushes the stop up. if he just removed the mag it would slam closed.

i dont see the point of it as it doesnt activate the slide stop

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

True, I have a similar piece for my 22 and have to manually lock the slide back before removing the mag. I understand it would take that extra step when reloading the next magazine, but I still prefer it to counting rounds or pulling the trigger until it does nothing then have to still manually rack the slide to load a new round from the next mag. So in reality it saves a step as well.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

if you like the idea go for it.

i dont even carry a spare for my lcp 99% of the time

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Oh no, I already got it, was just curious if any others did. I just don't trust plastics in followers.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

depends on what its made of. some plastics suffer in extreme heat or cold. some do not have good durability.

all my ar mags and scar17 mags are 90% plastic with only metal springs.

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Some the most expensive 1911 mags have plastic followers too. And then there glucks.
    Seems like this little trick follower adds a non typical step extra to me.

14. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I think it removes unnecessary distraction.

Extra step, like counting rounds or continuing to pull the trigger after last round?

Extra step? You mean racking locking the slide back? Isn't it a wash seeing as how you'd have to fully rack the slide manually to chamber a round from the next mag anyway?

15. hardluk1

hardluk1 New Member

Sorry I don't see it that way. Just a new gimmick for most. Beside I bought a tcp for several reasons over these limited feature micro's.

No having to set a slide lock manualy, then loose your control over the grip all before releasing the mag. I don't even see it as faster that on a regular lcp.
    Buy one , Use a timer to run some drills , Fire one round with the new follower , go thru the mag change and fire one round and then with a stock mag .

Show the video. I have been wrong before !!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014