Kimber or glock

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Gunlover38, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Gunlover38

Gunlover38 New Member

Im either going to buy a glock or kimber for home defence which is better?

2. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Both great weapons for home defense I don't own a limber but do
    Own a 1911 and also
    A glock 30 if you like not having to clean your gun every range trip and tinker with it now and then get a glock those things just don't stop but the don't have any safety's which makes me not like to carry in concealed but the 1911 I'll keep cocked with the hammer down I can get a shot off faster that way that having to rack the slide like I'd do with my glock i would deff recommend the kimber also I'm my experience 1911's are much more accurate than Glocks

3. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Both are great guns, if this is your first handgun I'd say go with the Glock as it's about 1/2 the price of the Kimber. You can get a very good used Glock for $500 and put the rest of your money into ammo at the range.

4. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

I don't think you could go wrong with either choice. Kimbers are excellent weapons. Very well made and extremely accurate and reliable in my experience. I've never had any issues with mine and have full confidence in them in a home defense situation. Glocks are also excellent. They can be modified very easily to fit the needs of the user and are also extremely reliable. Great choices. Why not get both :)

5. locutus

locutus New Member

Both will serve you well.

But the Glock gets the edge IME.

6. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I personally don't like glock. I would rather have the Kimber.

7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I have both and carry both at different times. Round count will be higher in the Glock, Accuracy will be better with the Kimber IMHO.

8. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Kimber is 3 times the gun Glock is in my opinion but also 3 times the price. If you can afford the Kimber go Kimber,

You're comparing Ford to Mercedes here. A Mercedes is by far the more quality car but a Ford will get you from point A to point B.

9. DanZZ

DanZZ New Member

Between the 2 I would take the glock they are less fussy with cheaper ammo so you get more bang for your buck and for your first gun they are much simpler from cleaning to operation

10. eric1229

eric1229 New Member

I would definately go with the kimber if u dont mind spending more $ for a superior firearm. Kimbers are some of the finest pistols in production. Super accurate, great looking and hold their value extremely well. But its about wut feels good and shoots well for u, especially in a home defense gun. U get wut u pay for.

11. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

A Kimber is what you show your friends, a Glock is what you show your enemies. I own two Glocks that I shoot pretty accurately. My only experience with a Kimber was with a friend's Custom II. I found it to be extremely finicky with ammo and I could not shoot it worth a damn even though I sent hundreds of rounds down range.
    I think the Kimbers are among the sexiest looking 1911's on the market but for me, I'll take the Glock.

12. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

That's off I can't hit **** with glock but hand me a 1911 and I'm callin my shots

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Today after 8 hours in a classroom. Glock 20 tactical range. Rapid fire.

Attached Files:

14. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Not a glock fan but my vote here goes for a glock for any and all reasons posted above me. Amd, if you find a glock just doesnt fit you as well as youd like, look into an XD or XDM, they ride pretty even with glocks and mine has had zero issues and i love it to death.

15. DanZZ

DanZZ New Member

Why wasn't the smith m&p one of the choices

16. john2005

john2005 New Member

Don't forget bout cz they make some of the best handguns money can buy

17. eric1229

eric1229 New Member

Sig makes a fantastic pistol as well... I have a 226 and is very comfortable and accurate

18. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Why would you limit yourself to the two most hyped up guns in the world. What a choice, a non ergonomic piece of plastic with a crappy trigger or an over priced finicky 1911. There are better pieces of tupperware out there like the M&P or the XDM and there are definitely better 1911's for a lot less or the same money.

19. SSTX39

SSTX39 New Member

Glocks are for the big boys. So are 1911's. There's a lot of good guns out there. But the question is Glock or kimber. U should shoot with both of them before u purchase either. It's your life on the line, don't let anyone decide for u. Shoot them both if u can then choose what's the best 1 for u. Also depends on what purpose will the tool serve. Good luck.

20. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I'm taking a serious look at the Glock 35. Fits my hand perfectly. I never considered buying a Glock until I saw a review of the 35 model on youtube.