just picked up my new Baby

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Alwayscarrying, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Alwayscarrying

Alwayscarrying New Member

PSA PA-15. I already cleaned and oiled it. Cant wait to take it out this weekend. Anybody have any experience with PSA?

2. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

Pics or it didn't happen!

3. Alwayscarrying

Well heres the one from inside the gunshop then.

Attached Files:

4. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

Looks sweet! I'm still mid build on my AR.

5. Alwayscarrying

What upper/lower are you building on?

6. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

S&W lower YHM upper. All in pieces. A good hobby when one gets a good case of the febuarys

7. Alwayscarrying

Im kinda new to this whole AR thing. Yhm? And i want to build one in something bigger than 5.56 for some good ole wv hunting.

8. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Yankee Hill Machine

9. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

6.8 spc is supposed to be good. I'm planning on one. You can use your lower and just get a new upper

10. Alwayscarrying

I was debating on 6.8 and possibly, as expensive as it would be, .458 socom for more dangerous game.

11. fmj

fmj New Member

Got mine last friday...took it out sat. for some break in time.

Heading back the range in 15 minutes or so. Will do some more break in on it.

So far its done well. Had some fte's (2)when my friend was shooting it. Had a BEAR of a time getting it to strip the first round off a full mag the very first time.

All in all its ran rather well IMHO.

12. Alwayscarrying

Im taking mine out today once i get off work and im plan on running about 400 rounds through it tonight. Did your bolt carrier seem incredibly rough to the touch?

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

They are a little rough but nothing to worry about in a properly lubricated firearm.

14. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

I liked the ballistics of the 6.8. Plus I have a .270 win so i could double purpose my bullets while reloading. 6.8 = .277

15. Alwayscarrying

Just got back from shooting. It shot like a dream aside from a couple fte's.

16. Todd_

Todd_ New Member

Keep in mind. 458 SOCOM is only a 150-200 yard caliber. I would seriously consider an AR-10 for hunting.... A 308 is plenty big, it's cheap, and it's everywhere.

17. fmj

fmj New Member

well that makes 2 that dont like to eject.:(

I am hoping this issue gets better after a break in period and thorough douching.

18. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

What mags are you using ?

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Nevermind I see from your pics your using a alum mag. Guarantee thats what is giving you issues , go buy a $14 Pmag and your problems will be gone . I wont buy Alum mags anymore unless the Pawn shop has well used ones , thats where the local PD sells them when they get new ones , that way I know they work when their well used . They always have some that look like new and I stay away from them #1 they probably had a problem and tossed them in a box to unload and I dont need anyone elses problems :D For the most part I would rather use the PMags, I have alot of them and I have had no isses with any of them

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  20. Alwayscarrying

After about fifty rounds it quit. All the mags i have except one are used. But like i said it cleared up. As for the 308 comment, i dont need more than 150 yards for range when im up in the mountains