Just got my first

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by jamesb, Dec 31, 2010.

1. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Yep, I went to the shop last night with my Xmas bonus from work and picked up a used Model 36. I've always wanted a snub nose revolver. I'm now trying to figure out when it was built, but am having trouble with that. Heading to the range later today to get a taste of a wheel gun:D

For a used gun the bluing looked very good. Bore as well. Doesn't look like it was shot very much. The photos are before I cleaned it. Any smuges on it are from my fingerprints.

Can somebody recommend an IWB holster for this? Need a lefty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

2. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Very Nice

jamesb: Sir, very nice:)

3. hogrider

hogrider New Member

IWB Holster

I don't think you can go wrong with a crossbreed Crossbreed Holsters > Home . I have one made from horse hide a like it a lot.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member

Judging by the turn line on the cylinder, it doesn't seem to have been shot much at all.

Just don't shoot +P ammunition in it and it will do the job for you.

5. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

Don Hume makes about the least expensive leather holsters available

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  6. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Yeah it is in very good shape.

Why not +P? The guy at the shop said it would be fine because it is steel. I put a box of 25 Critical Defense 110 grain +P through it without issue. Should I not anymore? I fired 100 rounds of .38 Spcl FMJ without issue. I'm not looking to mess up my new gun and will stop, i'm just wondering the explanation.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member

As far as I know, that revolver is not rated for +P ammunition. You can shoot it occasionally and carry the gun with that load, but do not feed it a steady diet of +P's.

I've owned Model 36's and 37's and I don't shoot +P in them. You can do whatever you want since it's your revolver.

8. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Gotcha. I just fed it one box as I wanted to see how it fired with it. I plan to carry the +P, but will shoot standard loads at the range. Just wanted to make sure it shot OK. It probably will never shoot the +Ps again. Thanks for the tip :)

9. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member

Nice little Smitty. It'll be your friend and may even get you out of a jam someday. I've got a model 10 with a 4" barrel and wouldn't trade it for anything.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member

You're gonna' love that little gun.