I'm Making a "Ghost" S&W 3913

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by CA357, Mar 24, 2010.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member

I sold the KelTec P3AT this morning to pay for a S&W 3913 Ladysmith. If I want a gun, I have to sell a gun and frankly, I can quite easily live without a .380.

I love the slim size and the lines of the rounded trigger guard and the angled dust cover.

What I don't love is the "Ladysmith" that is laser etched into the slide. So, I will be taking it to have the frame and slide bead/glass blasted.

I figure it will be kind of a "Ghost" pistol when it's done. It came with black Hogue rubber grips and I'm replacing them with the factory gray grips. I just ordered them from Brownell's.

So, it currently sits in ten day California gun jail and I can pick it up April 2nd. Being in the hospital and housebound will make the wait go faster.

I'll post some pics of the actual pistol when I have it in hand. In the meantime, here's some pics off the webz. Picture it with a plain smooth matte finish and a clean matte slide.

Product: Model 3913LS Pistol

The Gun Zone -- Smith & Wesson 3913NL

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

You told me about this at lunch and I can't wait to see the pics!!

3. group17

group17 New Member

I'd rather have that over the keltec any day.
    Only thing better would be a Berretta 92 inox ghost. Just on the large size.

Post photos!

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I had a 3913 (not the LS) for a time and they are a great carry gun...

5. CA357

CA357 New Member

I read a bunch about them before I bought it and people seem very happy with them. I've been talking to a guy that does blasting. He's a gun guy as well, so he "gets" what I want to do. Unfortunately, he's a two hour drive from me. However, he'll do it while I wait and he's very reasonable, which is a big factor.

6. Spikey614

Spikey614 New Member

10 DAYS In CA NOW! I don't think I could stay mad at anyone that long. X)

I remember when I lived there it was just 5 days and that was a pain. Chicago 3 days for Hand guns, 1 for long guns. Those are reasons I moved to Philly. Walk in, fill out paper work, wait for the State Police phone call and walk out with your package. However I do like the IL FOID Card for private sales.

As for your LS I too like that pistol. I don't care much for the LS printing either but I wouldn't have it removed. I like that dust cover better than the 3919 too. The way it tapers towards the barrel. Looks cool.

Good luck on your project.

7. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I've been talking about getting a 3913 or a 908 for ages. Lucky bastid :D

8. CA357

CA357 New Member

9. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

If you get bored with it..... I know a guy who wants it... ME

10. CA357

CA357 New Member

That will probably be a while. :D

11. CA357

CA357 New Member

I've decided to leave it alone. I"ll shoot it this Saturday and see how I like it.

12. Spikey614

Spikey614 New Member

I think thats a better idea in the long run.

13. CA357

CA357 New Member

Apparently it's worth more stock as well.

14. tekarra

tekarra New Member

If I were to purchase a 3913, and I am considering it, it would be the Ladysmith. I prefer the lines of the dustcover of the Ladysmith over the regular 3913 for CCW.

15. CA357

CA357 New Member

Yeah, I like the lines as well. We'll see how it shoots tomorrow.

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Why would you consider removing the "lady language"?

Would it not enhance your man purse?:confused:

Kidding!:D

Enjoy the project...

17. CA357

CA357 New Member

Dammit! Now I need a man purse?

18. Entelzha

Entelzha New Member

So did you end up in MIB?
    [​IMG]

19. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

The wife had a 3913 for a few years. Convinced me to buy it for her by taking it to the indoor range behind the gun shop (Riley's) that we frequented in NH.

She proceeded to shoot the black out of the target at 10 yards. I just said "Yes Dear" and paid the nice man for her new pistol.

Nice shooting Smith and it will complement your man purse;). (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.)

20. CA357

CA357 New Member

Well, this is an old thread and Glasshart owns the Ladysmith now. :cool: