I know this is the wrong place for a WTT but this is specific to Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by DarinCraft, Jun 18, 2013.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I have a G21C that I want to use in IDPA so I can get away with one caliber in both classes. IDPA does not allow compensated guns.

I need to trade my relatively new (<20 rounds) 21C upper for a non "C" 21 upper. I know this is not the correct place for this thread but this is a strang request that might get overlooked by a G21 owner in the "classifieds."

Thanks
    Darin

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member

Just get a non-compesated barrel from someone like Lone Wolf and shoot it. If the range NAZI's in your IDPA club insist it is compensated because of the "C" suffix, you are in the wrong club. Find an IPSC club and get away form the sticklers.

3. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I thought of that same thing, but believe it or not there is a stipulation in the rules that states a comped gun with non comped barrel goes into a modified classclass. It's stupid but if I want to stay in the SSP class I have to get a non 21 c.

Thanks

4. K305

K305 New Member

What if you get a non comped complete slide? Less hassles and technically same gun. Can order online and build it custom yourself at Glockstore.com.

5. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

That's what I'm trying to do now

6. K305

K305 New Member

Pics please. Before & after.

7. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Before and after what?

8. robocop10mm

That is one of the problems with IDPA, arbitrary rules that make zero sense. Switch to IPSC and have fun

9. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

They claim it is due to debris coming out of the ports when firing from third position and the unfair advantage porting gives follow up shots... it's stupid :rolleyes:

10. robocop10mm

But if you have a non-ported barrel in the "C" slide it negates the whole idea. I have a hard time understanding IDPA people. They just seem to speak a different language. My brain is set up SAE and they seem to be Metric

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I don't know the rules for IDPA or IPSC, but USPSA Production doesn't allow barrel switches. Thus, they would require a complete upper change, not just a LWD barrel. The porting holes in the slide represent a cut-out to reduce slide weight and I could imagine that being frowned upon.

12. robocop10mm

Why would you shoot a .45 in Production call anyway. Production class is for non modded 9mm's. Everything is scored minor. A G-21 would be best used in Limited class. Barrel swaps are OK in Limited

13. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I want to shoot one caliber for now. I want the g21 for ssp and my 1911 for cdp.