I guess there is no OSHA there.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Apr 22, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Here are two screen shots of a gigpan posted HERE.

This is downtown Beirut Lebanon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am failing to see the problem, just a couple of guys on a bucket. :eek:

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

What's the big deal? I've ridden in a bucket on a front end loader and a tractor....same thing.

4. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I've had to hang out of a trackhoe bucket with a chainsaw over a dump truck, cutting tree limbs that were hanging out of the truck...

OSHA? We don't need no stinking OSHA! :D

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

OSHA smosha ..... git er' done! ;)

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If you look closely there is no operator in the track hoe either. If you would have tried that with the companies I ran equipment for you would have been in the job search line quick fast and in a hurry...

7. Car54

Car54 New Member

My gosh...no hard hats either!

8. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I am a Superintendent for a large commercial contractor so I know OSHA too well. That said, as much of a pain as OSHA can be, if it weren't for them, many employers would have you doing this type of stuff regularly without regard to your health.

9. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I bet they fix it with bubblegum and bandaids.

10. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I've spent my work life under MSHA, they oversee mines. If I had done this as the operator I would have gotten at least a 3 day suspension by the company and probably termination. Any one working at a height without proper fall prevention equipment would face the same thing.

11. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Exactly why I was in the bucket with a chainsaw... the OSHA guy was nowhere around! lol I prefer to be in the cab rather than the bucket:eek:

12. oneshot

oneshot New Member

what no fall supression harness?

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Active Member

A few years back my maintenance team was painting the outside of the hotel. I came walking around the corner to see a back hoe in the raised position with a ladder in the bucket leaned against the wall. There was a guy in the bucket holding the bottom of the ladder. There was a guy at the top off the ladder streching to paint the overhang. Their suppervisor was standing on the ground watching. The next day their supervisor was applying for unemployment. I have the utmost respect for human life. I have no respect for anyone that would carelessly risk someone elses. I bought them scaffolding a few days later so they could finish.

The hotel is 3 stories high by the way.