How will you respond when your DR. asks if and how many guns you own.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by downsouth, Jan 17, 2013.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I will fully disclose that I have,

2 staple guns
    1 nail gun
    1 heat gun

My wife has some too

3 hot glue guns
    And the really scary, fully auto salad shooter.
    Not to mention her blow dryer has a pistol grip. Eeek

2. Bladerunnerfury

Bladerunnerfury New Member

[ame]http://youtu.be/lsKtPEgb4t8[/ame] its my assault weapon send in the ATF

3. bpsooner

bpsooner New Member

If my doctor asks, I will be looking for a new doctor

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I will simply ask do you have any guns doctor? Or if I'm in a bad mood that day....go f#?'& yourself!

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

My last Dr. & I talked guns each time I visited. He was a shooter and a reloader. He understood when I asked about including lead testing as part of my annual physical.
    I was upset when I found out he'd moved on to another job. Getting a good Doc at the military hospital/medical hobby shop can be a hit or miss proposition.
    They don't all have an anti-gun agenda.

6. locutus

locutus New Member

I will tell him it isn't any of his concern. Then I will get another doctor.

7. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I think I might have been wearing a Ruger t-shirt last time. He asked if I owned firearms, I replied yes and we went off to the next question on the check list. No anti-gun rants or going into details.

8. hoovco

hoovco New Member

My doc is awesome. Last time I went in we talked guns for a good 45 minutes.

9. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I will politely ask my doctor how that question is relevant to my current visit.

Unless they provide a really good answer, my next response will be that what kind of property I own is none of their business unless it has a direct impact on their current diagnosis.

You are not compelled to answer their questions. Though if it were important or relevant I would.

10. Mosin

Mosin Active Member

If they're combining mental data, and putting into the background check, then why does a doctor have to ask that question?

For that matter, when did doctors become an agent of the federal government.

The only thing a doctor should disclose to the federal government, is if you show up with some highly contagious disease. I can understand that, because some dude in Texas who took a hunting trip to Zimbabwe, could potentially wipe out New York if the CDC doesn't find out.

But guns?... Really?....

11. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'll have ot tell him a story about the three hour tour that ended up with me trying to use a coconut radio on notdku's island.;)

12. therukh

therukh New Member

When?

,,,when Obamacare passed and was signed into law.

13. mrm14

mrm14 New Member

Hilti Ram Set 001.jpg

Heres one he can report.:D

14. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Oops, I forgot my drill gun.

15. mrm14

mrm14 New Member

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, since if he (or she, depending on which of my docs) is examining me, my CCW is either on my belt, or on top of the pile of clothes, so they are already pretty aware of the answer to THAT question. And they are both shooters and hunters.

It is more likely to be "Did I tell you that I got that Browning we had been talking about?" or "Wanna go shoot some clays next weekend?"

If you have a Doc you are not comfortable with in ALL circumstances- you need another Doc. No, really.

17. fmj

fmj New Member

and wiping out NY is a problem when!?!?

My response?

I dont seem to have any gunshot wounds at this particular moment, so why is this relevant?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For edification...the text below is from the "Affordable care act" or Obamacare as it were...Harry Reid forced this amendment into it.

Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights.--

``(1) Wellness and prevention programs.--A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to--

``(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or
    ``(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.

``(2) Limitation on data collection.--None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;
    ``(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
    ``(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

``(3) Limitation on databases or data banks.--None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

``(4) Limitation on determination of premium rates or eligibility for health insurance.--A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
    ``(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

``(5) Limitation on data collection requirements for individuals.--No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
    ``(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.''.

18. CourtJester

CourtJester New Member

I will tell them NO, I do not.

I sat my two sons down when I got home last night and explained the new rules the president has blessed us with (to the best of my knowledge). I informed them that if anyone (including, doctors, teachers, cops, friend's parents) ever asks them if their are fire arms in the home, the only right answer is "NO".

19. manta

manta Active Member

Why would your doctor ask you how many firearms you have. ? The gun laws are strict in the uk but the doctor woldent ask you how many firearms you had.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  20. kfox75

kfox75 New Member

QFT. This is why I followed my doctor to his new office when he left the last one he was with. He is one of only 3 compotent ex-Navy doctors I have ever dealt with, and he is as much of a gun nut and hunter as I am. My wife and I both go to him for the same reason C3 goes to his.