How will Affordable Care Act affect veterans? New VA website has answers

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup

This is for all the veterans, from the VA.

http://www.va.gov/health/aca/

http://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...ct-affect-veterans-New-VA-website-has-answers

2. Marthor

Marthor New Member

That part is inacurate. I think it's not ready at the federal level and the Dems are trying to delay and the Reps are trying to defund.
    "Many" at the state level may also be overstated too, because only a few states are setting up exchanges. Over 30 have rejected the state exchanges I believe. Some are still undecided, and not ready to open on Oct 1st regardless. Obamacare is a big mess and a big mistake for our kids. At least the military was kept aside. The only other lucky ones are the "friends" getting waivers to opt out.

The military terminology to describe Obamacare is FUBAR (F'ed up beyond all recognition)

3. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

How many Americans Veterans will be disarmed? Obama has 40,000 armed IRS agents ready to enforce these laws. I expect to see the IRS agent disarm Veterans for their own well being. Watch this one very close.:eek:

5. LouGram

LouGram New Member

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup

7. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

8. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

at no point in time would I ever have thought "Man thank God that IED made me a disabled Vet" ,but Obamacare sure changed my outlook on that.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

VA care is improving.

There was a time when you walked in the VA hospital and had to watch out for beds in hall ways.

One does not have to be disabled to use the VA. Only be a vet.

10. scottmac

scottmac New Member

There are financial restrictions (I.e., if you make too much, you don't qualify for free care) for general care.

The exceptions (any care, any time) are for theater Vets.

I signed up for VA care "just in case" and was rejected because of income. I'm a Vietnam-era Vet, but I was never sent overseas.