How many of you guys am I likely to bump into at some point?

Discussion in 'Utah Gun Forum' started by Overkill0084, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

I've seen state forum setups like this on other forums. They are typically a dead zone in an otherwise lively forum. I figured I'd try to get things going.

I live in Roy. I do a lot of shooting at Impact Guns in Ogden, including the Thursday night Pin Shoots. How likely is it that we have crossed paths or likely will in the near future?
    When the weather is nice, I will occasionally drag myself out to the Whasatch range.

2. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

I've been know to show up at impact from time to time. I don't go there alot, the older short bald guy drives me crazy. I can't talk to him without it somehow turning to end of the world scenarios.

I went to one of the bowling pin shoots couple years ago. It was fun, but hard to breath after a while. It was revolver night, I had my ruger vaquero colt .45. I think some folks were impressed I did so well with it. Nothing to brag about really but I'd get 4 out of 5 usually.

I go to sportsmans about once a week. I like Kent's too. Hope to see you around.

image-2350900281.jpg

He's me and my buddies little sister. We shot this deer in the bottom of Hooper last fall.

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

I know who your talking about, though his name escapes me right now. Keep the subject away from politics and you will be fine. Even at that, I get along with everyone up there. In fact, Rich, gave me an early hook up on a DW 1911 that came in in trade. I bought it before it hit the shelves. When my wife has been in there shopping, they have always steered her towards really good products. So I'm pretty positive about the place.
    As the pin shoots go, revolver night is the worst where air quality is concerned. All those cast reloads (I suppose that makes me part of the problem.)
    I will pop into SW as needed. Generally when I need powder or primers. But I never walk out with only what I came for.
    I admit to being a bit surprised that there are deer in Hooper. Considering all the (human) population growth in the last few years, I would have thought the deer had moved on.

4. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

Impact is good if you talk to the right guy. I really like talking to the really fat guy. He's a hoot. I bought my XD and a marlin 30/30 there. They beat everyone's prices. Just have to park at the titty bar most the time, and I hate explaining that to the wife!

There are a BUNCH of deer right on the lakeshore. I've seen monsters from Little Mountain all the way down to Syracuse. Last time I talked to the dwr about it they figured they'd come off the island with the lake being so low. I've seem them in the hay fields clear up to 5500 west.

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I have ordered guns from Impact and watched NutnFancy videos on youtube...does that count? :p

6. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

Only if you water your lawn to much, put fry sauce on everything, and put carrot chunks in your green jello. :)

7. UtahStroke

UtahStroke New Member

Summit County, Kamas area for me. My son and I hold long range precision rifle matchs monthly, PCPR (Park City Precision Rifle) on our private range. Watch Snipershide.com, tactical matches forum for details. If you find your self in the Park City area, the Park City Gun Club indoor shooting facility is a new and state of the art pistol range. It features programable scenarios
    in each lane, a live fire video range and a electronic video range. The ventalation system ia outstanding. Open to non-members of course. See Jamie Swanson, my son in law, he will show you around.:cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  8. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

Their prices are pretty decent. They can be beat, but you will probably have to go through Buds or someone like that. When you factor in the shipping to an FFL and so forth, it's a wash. Plus if I'm not going to get hosed, I will make an effort to support a local retailer. We've bought probably 8 or 9 guns in there in the last couple of years.
    The parking is truly hopeless. I park on the other side in that little business complex, parking in the nudy bar means you have to navigate that treacherous muddy area where the fence ends.

9. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

I used to go to those pin shoots, I hung out with Blair,Fred and Lynn. It jut got too crowded for me. Had to show up an our early to get a spot.

10. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

By the way, I'm in Hooper as well. I visit impact when I have to, but I try to support Kent's more.

11. JoshH

JoshH New Member

You guys are a bit north of me. I'm in West Jordan and actually I go to Impact in Kearns quite a bit. Been going over there since it was Picks archery. Got my Hoyt bow signed by Ted Nugent there when I was about 15. Would love to check out any pistol shoots you guys here about in the SL area. I'm shooting a 5" Springfield 1911 and for revolver I like to shoot my 6" Taurus 44. Mag. If you guys know of or here about any pistol shoots please post it.

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

I'd ask around at the range. I know that the range in Kaysville has some practical pistol shoots and a pin match on weekends.

These folks may be able to help as well:
    http://utahshootingsports.com/

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

It does get silly at times, but the guys make it work somehow. I'm going to be off of the range for a few more weeks. Turns out I have fairly high lead levels in my blood. The Doc wants me to abstain from shooting & reloading until it gets back down to safe levels.
    Maybe the weather will get nice enough soon to shift extra attention on my motorcycle.

14. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

I'm fairly certain I've met you then. Probably have to see your face to make sure. I tend to shoot outside with theropinfool. Helps with my lead levels

15. Shoots2little

Shoots2little New Member

Nice to see a few photos from your range UtahStroke!!!!

Will have to stop by and check out the next comp.

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

:cool:
    PM sent.

17. NotMormon

NotMormon New Member

Hello fellow Utahns. I have not been on FTF for a while and I noticed the new state sub forums. I live at about the halfway mark between Smith and Edwards and Impact which puts me about a block from Cal-Ranch. So many firearm and so little cash. We usually head out to the desert and set up our own range. I wish Sportsmans would get rid of that F'n empty 10mm brass bucket. Who knows...maybe one day there will be some brass in it. And maybe one day I will get lucky and find some CCI300 primers and some AA-#9.....and maybe one day I will get there on a Tues night after they have stocked the shelves....maybe. I'd like to support Kents more but most goodies are ten to fifteen percent more there.

18. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

Just picked up a box last week of the 300 primers. Also large rile, small rifle and small pistol magnum. (at sportsmans)

19. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

Don't feel bad, I can't remember the last time SW had any .357 in the bins either, well over a year. For 10 mm, just order some Starline and save a few bucks.
    Check Smith & Eddie's for primers. The last brick of CCI 300s I bought, was there.

20. NotMormon

NotMormon New Member

So, you're the guy!?! I just need to get there a little earlier in the week. Usually by Sunday afternoon, the reloading shelf is in need of restocking. At least in regards to the components I need.