Houston gun show steal

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by IVIrVViggles, May 15, 2011.

1. IVIrVViggles

IVIrVViggles New Member

So today I spent a few hours with my older brother and my father at the gun show hosted at the Reliant Center in Houston, Texas. I left very satisfied with my "first" handgun at an unbeatable price. I say first with quotes because we own many guns with my name on them like my very first .22 single action revolver and so on. But having had my birthday recently I had some cash on hand and decided that, at 22 years old, it's time to go ahead and pick up a handgun for personal protection and concealed carry.

So on our first lap around the tables I notice a nice looking sub-compact. I kept it in mind while looking at all the other stands and noticed that 3 or so other tables offered the same gun at 15-45$ more than the first booth. On our last lap I decided it was worth it after seeing many similar handguns for hundreds more. After some slight haggling I picked up this pistol for $260 after tax NIB. Plus, as an added birthday gift, my dad paid $100 of the total. So in the end, I got a brand new Kel-Tec PF9 for $160. MSRP-$333
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

:EDIT: Sorry for the blurry photos, using a camera-phone.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Nice catch! Will we see a range report?

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

AWESOME!! Lucky you! Happy Birthday and enjoy that new gun. I agree with Dan, we need a range report.

4. IVIrVViggles

IVIrVViggles New Member

Thanks man! I'm excited about it.

And yes, I'm headed to the range today with my brother and dad to break this bad boy in. We will also be firing my brother's 9mm, a couple .22's and my grandfather's H&R .32 auto-ejecting top-break revolver. $30 for a box of S&W .32 shorts! Hope it's worth it.

:EDIT: keep in mind though, guys, my handgun skills are severely lacking. I'm generally more of a skeet guy... I was even on the collegiate team at the University of Alabama for a while ;)

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Enjoy your new pistol!

6. CA357

CA357 New Member

Don't sweat it, just be safe. Accuracy will come with time and practice. And congratulations on your "first" handgun. :cool:

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member

Sounds like you got a deal! Congrats and please post a range report after the outting.

8. IVIrVViggles

IVIrVViggles New Member

Range report complete, go check it out!

9. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I picked up a Beretta PX4 at the same show :D