Hornady Suspends Ammo and Bullet Production. (False)

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by mseric, Jul 8, 2013.

1. mseric

mseric New Member

deleted...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  2. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013

3. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Go to their website, it's posted there. They haven't suspended anything...business as usual. No need to worry. http://www.hornady.com/

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ending it here so it doesnt spread more fiction.

Gr8oldguy nailed it. 'Nuff said

Also sticking this and editing title in hopes it doesnt spread

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  5. mseric

mseric New Member

NO Fiction

deleted...

6. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

Wasn't able to read it. What is happening with hornady?

7. mseric

mseric New Member

deleted...

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

your post was hornady stops production...

hornady has not and is not stopping their production of bullets.

all companies change modify and edit the products they offer. the reason i closed it is and put it at the top is because it was very ambigous and such thigns start rumors.

this is nothing out of the ordinary for any company. speer no longer offers tungsten cored .458 525grain bullets...

9. mseric

mseric New Member

deleted...

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

Companies do this all the time when demand for high selling products outweigh the ability to supply. Companies will halt suspend end delete remove whichever adjective is preferred product lines that dont sell as well to make production line room for hot sellers to meet demand.

The reason i put your post as a sticky is to halt rumors being spread here of hornady stopping halting suspending whatever.

Taking things out of context of what they are doing doesnt do hornady any justice and serves only to get folks here riled up for no reason.

I did remove links to outside forums. Links to forums not in our network is not permitted.

11. bfoosh006

bfoosh006 New Member

Just phoned Hornady, the "Suspended Production" is true.

I just got off the phone with Hornady CS, they are going to suspend some production in order to increase other production. They said they will e-mail me the list.

I was fooled by a letter on the CMP forums into thinking this was BS... looks like the original info is really gonna happen.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

There is nothing out of the ordinary going on at hornady.

Please stop saying they are suspending stopping or halting production in such a way as to imply they are doing something extraordinary

13. The1Monster

The1Monster New Member

Kinda like how McDonald's only offers the McRib for limited times at limited locations, and stopped serving my favorite, the steak egg and cheese bagel for breakfast.

All about market demand and profit margin. (I paid attention in college...)

14. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup

I seen this process from other companies that would go out an evaluate what is moving at a good pace and what is sitting on the shelves, it can be electronics, food, etc. All companies do this from time-to-time.

It is about supply line meeting the consumer demands.

15. POF308r

POF308r New Member

Hornady is shipping 45ACP's just fine. They just sent me conformation for my order on 600 count of 185 gr. XTP's.

16. bfoosh006

bfoosh006 New Member

http://www.hornady.com/support/availability

Product Availability Update

Hornady Makes Plans to Increase Production Volume

For over half a year, Hornady Manufacturing, along with the rest of the shooting sports industry, has experienced an unbelievable spike in demand. This dramatic increase in demand is unprecedented. As stated earlier this year in our Product Availability FAQ we have been continuously growing for a number of years; adding people, equipment and manufacturing space as rapidly as we can. We are producing and shipping product at record levels and are continually looking to grow and improve our ability to fulfill orders. But the current state of the industry is such that our increase in shipments this year is overshadowed by a 200% increase in demand.

One area that we have identified that will enable us to increase production, is the minimization of machinery downtime. The largest period of downtime our machines experience is during change over and retooling to convert a machine from manufacturing one bullet or cartridge to another. Under normal market conditions, we can keep the supply chain full by making popular items on a regular basis and keeping specialty or less-used products on a seasonal basis. However, with demand at record levels, it has become difficult to justify shutting down a machine to change it over to produce a product of less demand. Therefore, we are temporarily suspending some items in order to focus our efforts on the most popular and highest demand products and ship more total product.

We realize that many of the suspended items are going to disappoint some of our customers. We have painstakingly reviewed our order status and order history and unfortunately had to make some tough decisions. It wasn't easy, but we know that we will do a better job of servicing the industry as a whole by focusing on the items of highest demand.

We are not alone; this is effectively already happening throughout our industry, but is accomplished through selective manufacture with no notification to the industry. We are simply making every effort to be up-front about our plans to maximize production.

Again, this is only temporary. This is not a permanent suspension. We will continue to push as hard as we can to meet the demand of our industry and will produce our full catalog of items as soon as we can. Please know that nobody wants to produce more and get our product to into your hands more than we do.

And lastly, we feel compelled to address some of the conspiracy theories that we have seen posted. NO, this is not a conspiracy effort to shape the industry, nor is it controlled by the government. We are simply being forthright about our manufacturing plans and our efforts to supply MORE product to the very hungry shooting sports industry.

We truly appreciate your patience during this period of time. Thank you for your understanding.

The Team at Hornady

this is what they will still be producing until 2014ish
    http://www.hornady.com/support/availability/production-list

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013