Hipoint c9

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by bward73, Apr 16, 2013.

1. bward73

bward73 New Member

Just bought a hipoint c9 shot 25 rounds through it love this gun what are the thoughts on it

2. bward73

bward73 New Member

Did find out this gun does not like low grain shells i will stay at 113 grain

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

[​IMG]
    Seriously---Do some reading first ------------------

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc New Member

I'll take Thumper's rule for this one.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Any gun that shoots every time you pull the trigger is a good gun. Personally I like the c9, not as ugly as is big brothers. ; D

6. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

If it was the best you could afford and you can shoot it accurately then it is a good gun. Its no beauty queen but it doesn't have to be. Dont go trying to find aftermarket parts and holsters because the selection is slim to none but I doubt thats why you bought it.

7. bward73

bward73 New Member

I bought it for night stand gun

8. gergman

gergman New Member

I love my c9, shoots straight and once you tweek the clip it's fairly reliable. As far as aftermarket products you have the hogue grips, the joey trigger and I've found a hip holster with mag holder and the iwb holster on eBay. And you can get the 10 round mag from the manufactor for 18 bucks.

image-1819407648.jpg

image-696996121.jpg

This is what I did to mine.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  9. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Those who have one mostly love it. Those who don't spent too much time reading reviews. I spent too much time reading reviews. Enjoy your new gun and good luck.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

And thats acceptable to you :confused:

11. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

If you like it, that's all that matters. Personally, I won't own one even if it was given to me.

12. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I had the chance to buy a hipoint rifle and bought a air rifle instead.

13. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Can't tell what the handguns are like, but the rifles are excelent (ugly and heavy) but fine shooters.

Jim

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Always heard gud things about the carbines :)

15. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

I owned one. The first time out to the range with that POS it jammed with in the first 2 rounds. I will never buy one again

16. new_girsan_1911

new_girsan_1911 New Member

I have a buddy thats got a hi-point 9mm carbine and he runs some nasty metal cased ammo that just leaves his gun looking nasty. He hasnt had any problems in 2 years and he hasnt even cleaned the thing once :-O. I tell him he needs to clean it but he hasnt yet. But it is pretty accurate and has hardly any recoil. I wouldnt mind owning one but i dont care for the capacity i would want something to hold about 30 rounds if i was gonna get a carbine.

17. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Did u contact hipoint about the problem?

18. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Nope I just return it . The first 2 or 3 shots out of it was a FTF

19. BigJohn3282

BigJohn3282 New Member

For the money you can't go wrong. If you ever have any issues with it box it up, and send it back to mom. It can be in peaces , and they'll fix it for free, and send it back with a free mag. Go to YouTube, and you will find videos on how to strip, and clean it. You will also find Mods you can do yourself.

_facebook_1812420716_.jpg

20. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

But thay are junk. You have to take a hammer to it to field strip
    Ugly,Balki,heavy,looser then the hoar on the corner and cost the same.
    Hi point the jam-o-matic out of the box you might as well take it all apart and polish the feed ramp. Then take a pair of pliers to your brand new gun and start bending **** to make it work
    All I have to say is hi point are junk
    And yes I have owned one

Attached Files: