help with trade please

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by tacticalfun, Aug 2, 2012.

1. tacticalfun

tacticalfun New Member

Is this unissued sks worth my sr9c?

ForumRunner_20120802_145255.jpg

ForumRunner_20120802_145325.jpg

2. orangello

orangello New Member

"Unissued"?

If it is surplus, where is the bayonet? I don't know how you can be certain, but many of the Chinese SKS's here were made for export not military service. Does it come with the original fixed magazine? Do the numbers match?

Mine was in good working condition, decent cosmetic condition, but didn't come in the original stock for about $325 or $350 when i bought it.

Me, i would rather have the rifle, but you have to set priorities on uses to decide. IOW, is that your only defensive handgun?

3. tacticalfun

tacticalfun New Member

Its a 54 yugo sks with matching numbers but no trap door. Barrel is shiny.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Sounds nice! I don't personally like the look of the more common Yugos with the grenade launcher thing on the front. Depending on what you gave for the 9mm (about $450?), the prices are probably pretty close.

https://www.samcoglobal.com/1-sks.html
    https://www.buymilsurp.com/russian-sks-45-762x39-rifle-laminated-stock-tula-1954-p-5687.html gen info SKS

I wonder why they ditched the bayonet, perhaps for that part compliance count jazz.

If you get it, clean the bejebus outta that firing pin & the hole it pops through; gunk can stick the pin in place & cause a unfun slamfire situation.

edit* I will say, don't buy the SKS to scope it; it doesn't like/need glasses.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  5. tacticalfun

tacticalfun New Member

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Unissued? Is the cleaning kit in the buttstock, or did that

go the way of the bayonet? IMHO, the (incomplete, modified) rifle's only worth

225$ on a good day, which IIRC, is about half of your pistol's value.

If it were unissued, had all the original parts, and all original serial #s,

you might be approaching your pistol's value...

7. tacticalfun

tacticalfun New Member

How about a feg hi power 9mm thats been refinished in digi cam dip with hogue grips?

8. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Always wanted an sks so take my advice with a grain of salt. I would do the trade cheapest i have ever seen an sks was 350 and you can find used sr9's for 200-250 and ammo for your sks is dirt cheap.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc New Member

Does the person have any guns to trade that he didn't Bubba gunsmith? The FEG high power would be alright in excellent original condition. The SKS would be alright in excellent original condition, but modified or with missing parts they both lose a lot of appeal if you want to try to sell them later to recoup what you have in the Ruger, unless you got a great deal on it.

10. tacticalfun

tacticalfun New Member

Sks guy just offered me 75$ along with the rifle. Idk im trying to find something i can trade to get my team usa ruger

11. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I still say do the trade man. You get an sks which ( please correct me if im wrong) if its in good condition is worth more than a feg high power in good condition. In excellent condition i would go high power