Hello

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by GlockUSA, Jan 4, 2012.

1. GlockUSA

GlockUSA New Member

What's up guys I'm new here. Let's talk comfort. I have a medium sized hand I guess and I want to know if the baby glock or another gun would fit me better.

2. PrinC

PrinC New Member

Welcome GlockUSA. I am suggesting you visit a gunstore and a shooting range to try the various pistols of interest to you. It is only then that you will know which one fits your hand best as well as which one has the qualities you are looking for.

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Hello to you as well...when you get a chance, stop by the intro thread and tell us a little about yourself...

If I were you, I'd get my paws on as many as possible, your LGS, pawn shop are good places to start. Lots of ranges rent guns so you can get further acquainted as well. The only person that knows what best fits you IS you...:cool:

4. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I agree completely with what these people are saying. You won't know till you try one I personally have the 26 and have bigger hands but love the feel and the way I am able to shoot it accurately.

5. GlockUSA

GlockUSA New Member

I almost feel weird asking because I'm a Glock only shooter but have never even held the slim line. I must admit most walthers for like a glove and a 1911 feels nice in the hand. I would prefer not to change manufactures

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Even with smaller hands your pinky will rest past the grip.you will need to add grip extension base plates to your mags.

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Glock19 should do u well.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Do you plan to CCW, then a baby Glock like the G26 or G27 would be a great choice. If not, then maybe go for the compact sizes like the G19 or G23.

Be sure to handle both the Gen 3 and Gen 4, a lot of people like the feel of the smaller Gen 4 (and it does come with extra backstraps to enlarge the grip to Gen 3 size and even larger). I love my 23Gen4. And not unhappy with the older ones either.

9. GlockUSA

GlockUSA New Member

Gen 4 is gonna be my next move. I carry a gen 3 19 and its just to big in the handle by a little bit so the slime line would probably be better in gen 4

10. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy your stay with us :)!

11. RogerH

RogerH New Member

ditto i got one for the wife for christmas but i took her with to make sure it fit her hand. she has shot my G21 with ni prob but the 19 fit her hand better and easyer to work the slide than other guns
    just saying
    try before you buy cant go wrong with glock

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Glad you and your wife made a great choice. ;)

13. GlockUSA

GlockUSA New Member

How is a compact pistol with the same size grip gonna be better

14. GlockUSA

GlockUSA New Member

I didn't find a difference between the two but I lobe the 19 I want a gen4 so bad. The gen 3 I have is nice but the grip is the same size around as my 17

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I meant the overall size specially the barrel length is suitable for OP's wife

16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

My G19 Gen4 & G26 NiBX

Attached Files:

17. GlockUSA

GlockUSA New Member

Ya that's kinda what I mean its like the only grips that are smaller around are the slim lines I hate that. But the gen four is thinner I think

18. GlockUSA

GlockUSA New Member

So you like your baby glock for grip size

19. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Yes i do very much. By having a better grip, it controls your accuracy and recoil. Not thinner, only the barrel length is shorter. The gun thickness is the same as the other glocks

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The distance from the trigger to backstrap is 2mm less in a Gen 4 with no added backstrap (compared to Gen 3). Otherwise the grip isn't thicker.