Gun owner not welcome in Maryland - even without gun

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by wittmeba, Jan 14, 2014.

1. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

2. DP03

DP03 New Member

3. bluez

bluez Active Member

I posted it to FB w/ a comment.
    Bad juju.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Being an American citizen traveling unarmed in Canada I had a similar experience. The Canadian Police AKA Mounties find that you have a concealed carry permit in the U.S. get ready for Hell. We were held harassed for over 3 hours and every thing was rendered into a mess. We heard the sermon of how only criminals needed handguns. I finally ask to call the U.S. Consulate and the cowards ran like the roaches they are.:(

5. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

To answer your question, yes, I could've kept my cool. Just long enough to hire a lawyer and sue the beejeezus out of everybody involved in that blatant violation of my constitutional rights. At the very least, Barney Fife would be looking for a new occupation. At most I would be in tall cotton with a pocket full of cash courtesy of the Maryland tax payers. It would be the least I could do for them. Somebody needs to educate them on the follies of voting for democrats. Might as well be me.

6. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 New Member

Why were they following him for so long? He wasn't speeding. Why him? Why did they single him out? Is it unusual to have a concealed carry permit in Maryland? Something about this story isn't right.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  7. Virginia58

Virginia58 New Member

Adding Maryland to the list of states I don't want to visit, travel through, or spend money in. Oddly, this revised map of the USA, has a large piece of the Northeast, a chunk of the Midwest, and the Pacific coast missing. Looks a little strange, but I guess it represents "Free America".

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member

IF that is the whole story, EVERY OFFICER INVOLVED should be flipping burgers for the rest of his life.

I guess they have never heard of the Federal statute allowing passage through States with firearms. Termination (with extreme prejudice?) and lifetime loss of Peace officer license sounds appropriate

9. artbrownsr

artbrownsr Forum Chaplain

Could we get a shot of what the back of his car looks like? ( bumper stickers, etc.)

10. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

This is sad but true. Our rights are granted to us by higher authorities at birth being US Citizens than the local states and LE. It is a pity there isn't more support at the Supreme Court level and for us to fight these situations they cost us money for attorneys, time off work, etc.

The LEO's and leftist are the ones that should be going to jail.

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup

I would be contacting an attorney! Pure violation of his and his families 4th amendment rights just for starters, no justification what-so-ever! Just a punk with a badge!

12. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

deleted....

13. alsaqr

alsaqr Active Member

My God, how MD has changed since my first wife and i lived there in the 60s. My wife took a 40 hour self defense course that included handgun safety and marksmanship. The course was taught by an on duty MD State Trooper.

My wife later killed a home invader with a shot right between the running lights. No charges, no nothing.

14. vincent

vincent New Member

AFAIK, the fact that you have a CCW/LTC/CCP comes up when the cop runs your tag numbers, indicating that there is a chance there may be a firearm in the car because you hold a carry permit...

He knows this info before he even contacts you face to face...

I may be wrong, it may not be nationwide, (then again it may) but that would certainly explain the "You own a gun, where's the gun" thing...:cool:

15. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

that's why I don't let cops follow me I allway turn off or pull into a parking lot then let them see me take a pic of them worked so far

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup

This is very scary! Remember the article 2 or 3 years back regarding that Missouri was giving DHS information on its CCW owners! I would not be surprised if the state government establishments are doing the very same under the cover of darkness, just a thought!

17. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I've alluded to the same concerns in several other threads. I feel once you provide information - whether buying a gun, applying for a CCW, new credit card, etc - the information is shared and who knows when it may come back and bite you in the backside.

With all the means of sharing electronic data there are no boundaries as to what the leftist, politicians and law enforcement can do to obtain information about any individual. Beware!

18. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

I love it, tell it like it is!!!!! I am pro cop, I was in law enforcement for over 29 years. However, these type of Barney Fife idiots that just like to show their authority make me sick, boot 'em out.

19. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member

Huh? In Texas, your Drivers License and CHL are linked. There is NO link between CHL/DL and registration.

In Texas, an officer cannot find out what vehicles you own by checking your name.