grips on my colt combat elite

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by luke1999, May 12, 2012.

1. luke1999

luke1999 New Member

i have stock rosewood grips on my colt combat elite and if i put stag or ivory grips on it will it raise the price or knock it down because you are taking from the origanality?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

grips could raise the value somewhat if you invested some serious money in some truly nice grips in stag, ivory or exotic woods. but wouldn't lower the value as they could be replaced with the OEM grips as long as you still have them. i always keep the original grips for a pistol if i change them out. plus they are not a permanent alteration to the pistol and can be easily reversed.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

^ Nailed it!

When I remove the stock grips from my guns I put them and the screws in a zip bag and store them, and any other original parts removed, in the gun's case. This way I can restore the gun to it's original condition. (That's if you only make non-destructive changes.)

If you install an expensive set of grips like Sambar Stag, Mammoth Bark or Ivory and want to sell the gun, advertise it with the disclaimer that the gun comes with it's original grips. There will be an up-charge for the premium grips shown if they want them.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Zackly :cool:

5. luke1999

luke1999 New Member