Grad gun

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by William, Mar 21, 2010.

1. William

William New Member

ok so in a little while I'll be getting out of school and I want to by a semi auto rifle. I have three different types that I like.

AR15
    AK (47 or other varient)
    SKS

I was wondering what you all thought about price and pros cons and what not

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Get an AR that is American made and shoot American made ammo in it!!

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

+1 Dune

But build it rather than buying. [​IMG]

4. CA357

CA357 New Member

I like other rifles than the ones you mentioned. But of your three choices, go with the AR.

5. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

AR if you have the $'s if not I would go with the AK. Lots of extras out there for both, parts are available and both are good hard working guns. SKS is OK but I like the AK or AR much better. I have all three and if I had to keep only one it would be the AR.

6. RedWineKline

RedWineKline New Member

I am with Dunerunner on this one, I just bought a Colt M4 (income tax return woohoo!)... I could have went cheaper, but the fact is, a colt makes me just a little more proud when i show it off to my buddies.

also, if you think you are going to want a rail system later, get a rifle equipped with one now and save a few dollars.

7. AARguy

AARguy New Member

Saiga

I'm not a big lover of the 5.56 (.223) round. For a few bucks more you can go for a 308 bullet launcher and get lots more range, knockdown, and accuracy. Saiga is the "sporter" version of an AK, essentially an AK without a pistol grip. You can add a pistol grip later, of course, for minimal dollars but in any configuration you want, along with butt stock, forend, rails, sights, hood ornaments or whatever you want. I have a Saiga chambered in 308 (7.62mmx51) rather than the standard AK 7.62mmx39. And when you're ready to drive nails at 1,000 meters with the investment in a properly scoped and boresighted M1A, you've already got the ammo in stock to do so.

8. William

William New Member

I really like the look of the AK and AR but I heard that AR's can run you up some money I was thinking getting my paper work for getting a full auto personaly one reason I love Kentucky.