Glock Knife problem?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by MajorCordite, Dec 9, 2010.

1. MajorCordite

MajorCordite New Member

I just ordered a Glock knife in military drab green. It came in today and I opened the packaging at my work desk. The knife had a fair amount of oil on the black blade when I removed it from the scabbard. I picked up a rag and wiped it off. I had just used the rag with denatured alcohol and to my surprise the rag was heavily smudged with black gummy paint. The finish was ruined with one swipe! I spent the better part of an hour trying to remove the softened paint from the blade. I even went over it with polishing compound. The blade now looks like "blued" gun steel. However, you can tell that the metal was never highly finished. I'm surprised that Glock makes them like this, but then again for $35.00 it is just a utility knife. Maybe I'll use it at the next oyster roast. Oh well.

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I kinda doubt that Glock made the knife, not at that price anyhow. You might want to check with china & india...

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Weird. I have a couple of Glock knives and the finish most certainly does not rub off. Call Glock customer service and see what they say. They are great people.

4. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

"Glock Perfection". I guess that Tennifer finish isn't all its cracked up to be.:D

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

The key phrase here is the rag had denatured alcohol on it.

6. MajorCordite

MajorCordite New Member

I worked an official Glock Match as a range officer last month. The knife came directly from Glock in Smyrna, Ga. Glock offers you the choice of a knife or a magazine clip for assisting with their matches. So, I ordered the knife. They sell all day long for $35.00. I'm fairly certain that this is not their Tennifer finish. More like Rustoleum from a spray can. Maybe they have a guy out back spraying these "seconds" for the giveaway crowd. Glock still a great company.

7. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Follow up

MajorCordite: Sir, this is interestings. It would be more interesting if you did follow up with Glock.

I'd like to know their attitude with selling ''sub standard'' products. Don't worry about me being anti Glock, I have several now.

The product should be representive of the Glock indestructible image

Thanks

8. Shihan

Shihan Lifetime Supporting Member

Indestructilble!:eek:
    [​IMG]
    Alrighty then.

9. billdeserthills

Damn, I never knew that serial # tag was Indestructable!

10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Looks like it got dropped at the front door when someone was putting the key in the lock.

11. billdeserthills

I'm sure if Glock knew they'd want you to have a new knife, sounds like you earned it.

12. Shihan

Shihan Lifetime Supporting Member

That there is funny.:D

13. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I just couldn't help myself. GLOCK, sounds like you have a booger hung in your throat dont it?

14. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

.40 cal.???

15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

That is an early Gen 3 G17. Some type of a squib.

16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Doesnt look like a squib, barrel looks intact, looks like a crack in the frame broken by the spring.

17. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

is this really going to turn into another anti Glock thread?...hold on let me get my torch and pitch fork...lol. Quick someone make a reference to Glocks being carried by LE. Then Shi can post his Glock puzzle pictures.:D LOL, Don't feed Shihan....it only makes him stronger.....:p

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  18. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Nah thats what happens when you mount a M203 on the rail of a G22...lol

19. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The spring does not make any contact with the dust cover. Slide and frame are intact, so the only things that would cause that are intentional destruction, or a squib that vented out the path of least resistance. But the odds of a G17 barrel being blown by a squib are very low.

It could also have been caused by an attached light being snagged on something and wrenching down or to the side.

20. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Just an expensive piece of broken plastic now, that's for sure.