Glock (Haters) Dislikers

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Ruger_Nut, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

Are there any Glock Dislikers here? (Hater is such a nasty word )

I think they are a reliable, but that's about it. They are way overpriced. Also, they feel as if you're holding a 2X4.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

You have just opened the gates of hell mr. newbie......

Nah its all good. I swear by them in terms of accuracy, reliability, and overall consistence all the way down to their magazines. They are ugly little buggers that are built like tanks (lightweight tanks that is)

3. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

Yeah, I kind of figured that. But, I stand by my word. They ARE reliable but I would rather spend my money on something that is not so......Vanilla? Bland?

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

[​IMG]

This ought to be entertaining, short lived, but entertaining.
    Not a hater. Not sure "disliker" is grammatically sound. I am, however, "indifferent" to Gaston's plastic wonder guns.

5. StainlessSteel215

If you are buying guns strictly on looks....maybe look into your priorities as a gun owner?

As a safe queen gun, sure....nobody in their right mind buys Glock. People buy Glock & choose it as a primary carry gun because 99.9999% of the time it will come through when you need it most.

Byt the way have you ever held/carried/fired a Glock? My guess is no. You would instantly get beyond the boxy look and fall in love with the design & functionality instantly.

6. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

Overkill0084,is there a better way to introduce myself? :D

7. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Agreed. There just another gun........and are absolutely not "perfection" as the fan boys claim.

8. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

I just want a gun that is comfortable to shoot. If I am uncomfortable with a gun, how am I to shoot it well?
    There are so many choices out there that are better or just as good as a Glock.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  9. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

Thank you sir! :cool:

10. StainlessSteel215

Soooo.....
    the nice finger grooves, textured grip, contoured back strap to fit palm swell, and perfectly fitted width of the grip that accommodates small, medium, and large hands (on the compact & full size models) doesnt do it for ya huh?

Interesting....tell me more.....I guess thats why so many police and government HATE Glock so much huh?

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I don't hate GLOCK, but I think they are a little overrated for a few reasons.

1. The grip is at an odd angle and can be too bulky for some people.

2. GLOCK's not fully supported chamber.

3. GLOCK's safety. (GLOCK leg)

4. They are ugly as sin.

5. Polygonal rifling and the problems it causes with lead bullets.

6. GLOCK fanboys. Probably the single biggest reason for people hating GLOCK. You know, the guys who think GLOCKs are perfect and the absolute best gun ever made.

GLOCKs are decent guns. They are super reliable, can take a hell of a beating, and are overall good guns. But they are not perfect, and they are not the best guns out there. I think if GLOCK really addressed the issues stated, they would sell more guns.

12. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

It is nice they have the palm swells now. Don't know what took them so long though.

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

I guess that depends on your intent. "Better" way? Probably. Effective? There's the the word. Note: Effective doe not always mean "well received." For instance, Keys locked in the car. Multiple solutions are available. Smashing the window with a brick is an effective solution, just not likely to be well received.
    We've not had much of these threads lately. Usually entertaining, though typically they end badly.

14. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

Yes, I have. I have plenty of gun buddies that have Glocks. I even rented them at ranges, just to get used to them, but never was able to.
    When I used to shoot my SWVE's next to the Glock guys they would look down on my (what they would call a Glock knockoff) SWVE.
    It's like a bad dream, they will get over it! :cool:

15. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

I just like to know if there others out there like me that are your everyday average gun guy, that does not put Glock on a throne and worship them everyday as the supreme gun of all times!
    Yes, they ARE reliable! Yes, they ARE battle proven! Yes, they ARE a great choice of firearm that will go "BANG" everytime it is needed! But, I prefer OTHER guns over them! :)

16. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I've shot a few glocks. As you can see by my user name I considered it at one time. However the ergonomics didn't fit me. I'm sure I could train with one and drill tacks with it, but why? When there are so many other systems out there that fit me better and are just as reliable why bother dropping the money on a glock?

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I don't hate em and would actually add a G19 to my collection if I could find a decent trade in at fair price.

To me, GLOCKS are a base model defensive tool that work well but are overpriced "because too many fools think that LEO's have a say in what there department buys".

From the polymer, to the fit and finish, to the performance, these are, IMHO... Perfectly serviceable $400 hand guns that sell for $100 to $200 above value.

Tack

18. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Nicely put Tack.

19. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I agree. If glocks were cheaper I would totally pick one up

20. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

I recently became disabled. (Early 2012) I sold EVERY firearm I owned to pay doctor bills.
    I just recently had enough money to buy my 1st weapon since then. The choices were;
    LE Trade - In 5906 with 2 mags
    Gen 2 Glock with 1 mag

Glock will be around FOREVER! A nice 3rd Gen 5906 will not!
    Guess which one I chose? ;)