Glock 30 Holster help!!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by bigboomer37, Dec 13, 2008.

1. bigboomer37

bigboomer37 New Member

I just bought a new Glock 30, I really like the weapon, I am going to use it for concealled carry work. I'm having a little trouble finding a good holster that will hold it in close but still be on the outside of my pants. I've found that there are a limited number of models made for the 30. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Depends on what you want to spend. I carried my former G30 in a Don Hume JIT slide holster for a long time. Other than that. look into the Mitch Rosen 'Upper Limit' maybe in the express models for around $75. It's very good, high, and tight. I still use one of these for my G27.

3. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

i used a fobus for belt carry and a cheapy nylon holster that had a mag pouch for iside waist band carry. all i did was cut off the spare mag pocket an vwalla. it worked great and was very comfy. i beleive it was an uncle mikes

4. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Here is a link to Galco Gunleather "select by model" page. Go down and select Glock 30 and it will show you the holsters made for your gun.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG2.asp

Realize that a belt scabbard type holster will hold closer and tighter to the body than a paddle holster. With either style a quality belt will be a benefit.

If you decide that Inside-Waist-Band carry is for you, then you will probably want to buy pants a little loose in the waist (or pull out your old "fat" pants...we all them;))

Galco FLETCH (available for Glock 30)
    [​IMG]

5. eng208

eng208 New Member

This is a little old, but my opinion after 15 yrs of shooting and carrying concealed point me to the nice leather holsters made by Kramer, Milt Sparks, DelFatti, and my personal favorite, TT Gunleather. I have two holsters from him, with another on the way. I carry my 30 in his OWB snap holster and it keeps it very secure, comfortable, and very close to the body. An overshirt completely hides it with no printing. I also have one for my Glock 19 and one on the way for my 1911.

I don't use anything else now. I have Bianchis, a Sam Andrews, a couple of Don Humes, had a few Galcos and a Kramer IWB. The nylon holsters to me are a joke for anything other than protecting the gun in storage. I had one of the Uncle Mikes when I turned 21 for my first holster. It didn't take me long to see the difference.