First .22lr

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by nicholasp, Mar 24, 2015.

1. nicholasp

nicholasp New Member

Whats the best choice for a .22lr I already have an ar and 9mm just looking for something cheap to shoot.

2. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus New Member

Ruger 10/22

No competition

3. Kyle2014

Kyle2014 New Member

I would recommend Ruger mark 2 or 3.

4. nicholasp

nicholasp New Member

Was kind of looking for a pistol

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Get the Heritage Arms Single action with the .22 Mag cylinder extra.

It will assist with the basics of pistol shooting and offer you enough "oomph" to get other critters than squirrels or rabbits (when needed).

Easy to work on if something should break. And costs less than some semi-auto.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn New Member

Ruger Mark III 22/45, spend an extra few bucks and get the model with removable grips. Accurate, will shoot most any ammo you feed it. Lots of doo dads you can swap out to suit your fancy.

7. hmh

hmh New Member

+1 look at the lite 22/45

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I too prefer the Ruger MK3 22/45. They're accurate, reliable, and run great with a suppressor. Cost is about $450 and they fit a lot like a 1911.

But there are plenty of other fine options. It really just depends on your tastes. I've been very impressed with the Ruger SR22 and S&W MP22. The M&P is an ideal choice if you're looking to simulate the feel of a medium-full sized poly centerfire. I don't have a high opinion of the Sig Mosquito or many 22lr 1911s.

My 22/45:

Attached Files:

9. locutus

locutus New Member

Anything by Smith and Wesson or Browning.

10. jozimoto

jozimoto New Member

Beretta Neos easily less than $300. Mags are cheap. Reliable and accurate. Available with a 4" or 6" barrel. I am pleased with the 6" I have.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have a Mark II and I love that pistol. Very accurate and so fun to shoot.

12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member

My very first 22 LR. was my Grandfathers Springfield Meteor Single Shot Bolt Action Rifle.
    Followed by my first pistol being a Berretta Jaguar 22 Cal. Pistol. Wish I had it back!

Attached Files:

13. locutus

locutus New Member

I wish Beretta still made those. Never owned one, but had the opportunity to shoot half a dozen owned by friends. Planned to buy one, but they disappeared from the shelves and never came back.:(

14. bamabrad22

bamabrad22 New Member

Ruger Charger pistol! Done

15. scott_see

scott_see New Member

I put a cheap red dot on my 6" Neos and get a 2" grouping at 45'. Great fun to shoot.