Favorite 380 & why?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by BeyondTheBox, Jan 11, 2012.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I absolutely love my LCP and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I sure do wish I had the funds right now for a Sig P238 HD. It's just so damn gorgeous, I want it for nothing more than a show gun to go along with the full size nickeled 1911 I'm getting. What a duo they would make... to compliment my current team of the LCP & LC9. Man, I think I'm salivating.

2. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

I am in love with the P238 as well. I live in NH, you'd think I'd get some sort of discount. LOL. They are super expensive.
    I have been looking at the Diamondback 380. They have one that comes with an orange frame. I like the off the wall colors.
    Taurus has a 380 with a yellow frame that I like also.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

My wife carries an LCP every day because it's light and portable, but my favorite is the Beretta Model 84. It's an all steel, medium frame .380, but it is very accurate, carries 14-shots and is 100% reliable.

My Beretta with the wife's LCP:

[​IMG]

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Oh... That Diamonback is a great suggestion. Doesn't suit me aesthetically speaking, but at only 9oz that is a very viable option for a CCW.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Dang, with 14 rounds that thing goes to the top of the list immediately. I thing the average is these mouse guns is about 7... So the Baretta is double. That's a huge selling point!

6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Obviously, with the extra rounds in the double-stack magazine and the all-steel construction it's a little heavier that the LCP and some of the other common CCW guns, but I appreciate all the great full-size features that my Beretta has. Other than being slightly on the heavy side though, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has anything bad to say about the Model 84. :cool:

The Beretta Model 85 is the same gun with a single-stack magazine BTW.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Yeah, it looks about the same size as mu LC9.

8. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member

My wife carries a Taurus TCP 380, she loves it and is accurate with it. I do want to get her a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380, but she is happy and proficient with the TCP.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Nobody picked the Bersa Thunder or the Plus model with 15+1 capacity? They are a good value at little over $300, and at least the standard capacity one is fairly lightweight. Not to mention, they are nice-looking pistols.

I don't carry, but if/when i get my permit, the Bersa will be my regular carry piece, especially in the summer heat.

Why no Bersa love?

10. Ufd152

Ufd152 New Member

I love it and I carry....

11. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

Unloaded:

LCP= 9.4 oz.

84FS Cheetah= 23.3 oz.

12. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Exactly, just a tad heavier! ;)

I just weighed my 84BB loaded and it is 2 oz. under 2lbs. The wife's LCP loaded is just under one pound at 15.2 oz.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  13. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

I love my bodyguard .380. It goes everywhere with me in its desantis nemesis holster.

14. MegaSlammo

MegaSlammo New Member

Hey just curious, could you list what you have in your user icon photo?

Sent from my DROID3 using FirearmsTalk

15. Powersportgiant

In that photo is : Walther P22, Marlin model 60, glock 23, Taurus PT1911 and a ruger LCP which I no longer have (traded for the bodyguard).

16. MegaSlammo

MegaSlammo New Member

Am I correct to guess that's the Walther with the suppressor? And what brand is it...I'm mostly familiar with AAC.

17. Powersportgiant

You are correct. I am not sure on the brand. It is not my suppressor, it's a friends that went shooting with me. I really do want one though, lots of fun to shoot through just too expensive for me right now.

18. MegaSlammo

MegaSlammo New Member

Yeah the cost is definitely not budget-savvy, but you should check out their website, pretty cool stuff to buy and read. Advanced Armament Corp

19. MegaSlammo

MegaSlammo New Member

Also, that Taurus looks like a dang nice 1911...I'm diggin the two-tone for sure.

20. Powersportgiant

It was a good looking gun. However it was a POS, I traded it after about putting 600 rounds through it and 3 trips to Taurus. The magazine would fall out for no reason, FTE and FTF was very common even with different ammo. I hated it. Trades it in on my first AR-15 and could not be happier. If I purchased another 1911, or just about any other semi auto, it would not be a Taurus.