Estimated value?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by sputnik1988, Jul 14, 2013.

1. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 New Member

I have my motorcycle for sale and someone is interested in doing a partial trade with this rifle, I was wondering its value.

From what I know it is a Stag lower with a stark grip and CTR stock and a BCM upper with BCM BCG, Magpul rear sight and a Midwest industries rail.

He said it does not come with the rds but comes with a traditional scope, which I really have no desire for anyway.

It also comes with a little ammo, he didn't give a number so I'm guessing not much, it also comes with the case there.

What do you guys think? He is wanting $1400 for it.

Attached Files:

2. 82ndJumpMaster

82ndJumpMaster New Member

Whats the value of your bike? 1400 seems to be decent in this market

3. ajhaag19

ajhaag19 New Member

Seems a bit steep. Building that sort of ar isn't That expensive. I built mine just like it with a few extras. Still would only sell it for 1000 with out optic

4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I would only offer about $750-800 for a used AR like that,you can get a pretty nice 100% factory built rifle for $1400 instead of a pieced together home built rifle.
    I wouldn't trade for it.

5. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Yeah, I've had guys wanting to swap guns before, and in a case like that, I'd go no higher than 60-70% of value, just because I consider the trouble of having to resell/turn it into cash later. The AR prices are coming back to earth now. A buyer can't expect to get full price for something they are offering in trade anyway.

6. 11B3OJ3

11B3OJ3 New Member

That price is absurd. Its a used franken-gun. It may be worth $800-900 imo. As others said for $1400 you could build a much much better brand new rifle with the exact parts and specs you want instead of what someone else wanted or had lying around the work bench.

7. indy36

indy36 New Member

That thing is not worth $1400.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'll chime in too. Yeah his price is too much. If you were starting a $1400 AR now I bet you wouldn't build that. Not saying it's a bad rifle, especially with BCM parts - just that you'd likely build something else that you really want. (It's rare to find a used AR exactly like you want.)

9. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

+1
    From what I have seen the past few weeks, AR's are even cheaper now than before December.

10. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 New Member

The bike is probably worth about $3000, because its a Honda 600... Custom or not:( but I have it priced at $2200 for a quick sale and because it could use new tires.

I appreciate the help guys. That rifle is a lot like mine anyway, so I wasn't that interested in the trade unless I could come out pretty good.

I'll post a pic of the bike too.:D

Attached Files:

11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member

Sputnik,
    A lot would depend on how much profit you have figured into you bike price. But off the cuff I would not allow him more than $1000 on the trade without good optics on it. You are flexible due to the bike price but $1000 would be much more than fair on a piece rifle. It does sound like he at least purchased good components. If it had an EOTech or Aimpoint on it it could be closer to the price asked in trade.

12. fsted2a

fsted2a New Member

Sticking my .02, I would counter with $800.00. I wouldn't go any higher than 1 grand. Even with BCM parts, which adds to the value, AR's are coming back to earth on prices. Now if the ammo would follow suit.

13. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Without taking into account mags, ammo, or optics...that rifle's worth $900 to me. Realistically it's arguably worth $1000-1200; except I feel I could build a superior rifle (per my preferences) for that kinda money. So even if $1200 is a legitimate cost, that's just not the way I would spend it. And that means it's worth less to me.

It looks to be a really good rifle. Just not what I'd end up with for that kinda money.

I just built this 6.5lb rifle for about $1300:

[​IMG]
    BCM 14.5" ML upper, BCM bcg & ambi ch, Vortex Sparc RDS, QMS trigger, BADlever, etc.

Or you could buy a PSA + Aimpoint Pro for $1100, and have a few hundred bucks left for mags, ammo, furniture upgrades.

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Just get the money.

Then get this, a new $1080 carbine, with an Aimpoint. Figuring its a $400 optic, you're getting a great deal on a $700 carbine.
    It features a Carpenter 158 bolt, hammer forged chromelined barrel, and a MI lightweight free floating handguards.

Did I mention its brand new?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...tm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

I would not pay $1400 for a used carbine when this is available new.

Also ammo prices being as they are nowadays, a round count and the type of ammo included is a very very motivating factor. Find out about the ammo.

Basically what I'm saying is, I'd like more info on the rifle, barrel, handguard, optic, and ammo to give you a more indepth appraisal.