DPMS Moe Warrior

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by fupuk, Oct 4, 2013.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

So me and the wife went about a month ago and decided we both wanted Ar's and I found one I liked and so did she. Hers is a S&W 15-22 and mine is the DPMS. I have not shot it yet because of my vacation trip and being busy at work and the other firearms ive bought needed some sighting in. Well im hoping this weekend or next I will be able to take it out and run some rounds through it. The one thing im not 100% sure on is the rear flip up sight. I might replace it with a carry handle sight but not sure of how the plastic flip up will hold. Any body have a problem with the plastic sight or am I just worrying to much? Maby a metal one, whats your thoughts. Thanks.

2. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Dont know why the picture didnt load.

Attached Files:

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

If the plastic ones are magpul mbus they are stronger than metal ones as in they will take more abuse and keep functioning. Plenty of drop tests show that the magpul plastic sights are tougher than the metal ones one most cases.

4. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im not sure, I will have to look when I get home. Im at Cabela's right now waiting for them to I open to see if they have any 22lr then im going home, changing and going squirrel hunting.

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Yes it is the mbus sight. I will just sight it in with that untill I have a problem, if I do. Thanks again.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

You wont have a problem with it and if you do Magpul will take care of you .

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Just make sure it's not the MBUS airsoft version. Probably not on a new gun but worth checking.

8. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I don't believe a mbus plastic sight will hold it's 'zero' as long as a good metal flip up (Troy?). Having wiggled, waggled and finagled the magpul, I just don't believe it would

9. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

The Magpul BUS will be the least of your problems with that POS DPMS.