Double Tap Ammo S&W .40 200gr

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by pope007, Jul 14, 2013.

1. pope007

pope007 New Member

I was surfing through doubletapammo.com site. And I came across S&W .40 200gr bullets. I was surprised with the grain weight of 200, I own an M&P .40. So, I've got two question for anyone with 200gr S&W .40 experience. 1) Has anyone shot it with their M&P .40? and if so, did it work flawlessly. (2.) And What do you think of its efficiency when it comes to personal defense bullets?

Feedback will be appreciated!

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

1) I don't own an M&P. Sorry for that. Not that it matters, my XD eats 180 gr cast bullets like popcorn. I can think of no reason your M&P wouldn't as well.
    2) The 20 gr increase over the more "normal" 180 gr bullets found in the .40 S&W, is unlikely to factor in that much. The extra weight makes the math used for energy numbers seem more impressive. Where SD is concerned, bigger problem to me is the fact that it's a cast bullet. If you read the product description on the Double Tap web site, it's for "... for woods and hunting applications." Great for things with teeth and claws, a bit too much penetration perhaps (IMHO) for your typical human. For long walks in the woods, they're probably great. For the mall parking garage after dark, normal SD hollow points are a better choice.

3. pope007

pope007 New Member

Thxs for your feedback! !